Solar Film Blinds
Cut out the glare and still enjoy the view
Keep warm in winter, keep cool in summer.
Cut out up to 97% of the glare and still enjoy the view.
Block out 99% of harmful UV.
Winter fuel savings pay for the blind within 3 to 5 years.
Made to measure.
Click here to view the products
All of our blinds are made to measure in three weeks.
To find the price for your size blind, work out the area in square metres and check the table below. For example 120cm x 60cm is 1.2 x 0.6 = 0.72 square metres. The cost of this in Cobalt is £52.
- Blinds are available with or without cassette - if you want a cassette with your blind (see pictures), add a cassette of the appropriate width.
- The maximum width / drop is 260cm. For 'Jumbo' blinds (max width / drop 450cm) please email us for a quote.
- Add 4cm to the desired material width and 7cm to the desired drop - see below 'How to Measure'.
Please note, we will email you for exact dimensions when we process your order.
We will then send you a confirmation email with full details of your order. Please be aware that made to measure blinds are non returnable.
Blind Prices (No Cassette)
How to Measure
We provide made to measure blinds with a given width up to 260cm and a maximum drop of 260cm. Blinds are available with or without cassette.
We can provide ‘Jumbo’ blinds – width up to 450cm, drop up to 450cm on request. Please email us with your requirements.
The blinds can either be fitted on the outside of the window frame so that the blind hangs over the entire opening (face fitting), or they can be fitted within the window frame (inside fit). See our fitting diagram.
A. Measuring the width of the fabric
For face fitting the fabric width should be 4cm more than the opening size.
For inside fit the fabric width should be 5cm less than the window reveal.
B. Measuring the TOTAL blind width
To calculate the TOTAL blind width, add 4cm to the measurement in A – this allows 2cm either side for the mechanism.
So if you think you require a material width of 78cm, then you need to quote us a width of 82cm – select 82cm in the width drop down above.
Measuring the Drop
Measure from where you intend to position the roller (top) to where you want the fabric to reach when fully extended. We recommend you then add 7cm. This will ensure your blind is not too short.
Stylish, state of the art window blinds designed to keep out harmful rays from the sun, whilst still allowing you to see outside and enjoy the view. The room will still be flooded with natural daylight.
Made from technical sun screen film – ultra-transparent polyester with a metallic finish and a reflective backing, they are designed to reject up to 97% of the sun’s rays, either by reflection or absorption. They also have a scratch resistant coating.
Use in the home or in the office to...
- - cut-out glare on your computer or television;
- - protect your furniture from fading by absorbing UV;
- - keep the room cooler and save money on air conditioning in summer;
- - insulate the room by reflecting heat back into it in winter – they can reduce heat loss by up to 30%;
- - block out harmful UV rays - 99% of UV rays will be blocked by the blinds;
- - provide privacy without ruining the view – just like a one way mirror.
Manual blinds are easy to operate by way of a simple pull cord on one side. Instantly retractable when not required. Motorised blinds can be operated by wall switch or remote control, depending on which option you choose.
Which Material Should I Choose?
||Openness (Transmission of Vsible Light)
||Heat Rejection in Summer
||Less than 1%
||Less than 1%
||Less than 1%
||Less than 1%
Please Note: Cobalt, Baltic and Alustar are all the same 'metallic' colour. They just have different properties (Openness and flammability).
The table summarises the properties of each fabric.
- If you are using computers in a room with a high level of glare, we recommend Cobalt or Alustar. (Note that if the blinds are for commercial premises where computers are in use, in order to conform to European regulation, you need to reduce glare by at least 95%, hence you must choose Cobalt or Alustar).
- Otherwise the Baltic and White are sufficient, blocking 90% of glare whilst still affording an excellent view of the outside world.
Important: Note that Alustar and white are non-flammable (class 1 flammability) whereas Cobalt and Baltic are flammable and may not be suitable for some applications.
Please call our customer services (0118 903 5210) or email us at email@example.com if you wish to receive fabric samples. There is no charge for samples.
Winter Savings from Heat Loss Reduction
One of the major benefits of solar blinds is that they keep the heat in during the cold winter nights. The level of fuel savings you will make using our blinds depend on your location and various other parameters. However as a guide in one winter you can expect a Cobalt / Alustar blind to save 150 KWh per square meter of single glazed window (worth £18 per winter) and 90 KWh per square metre of double glazed window (worth £10.80 per winter).
The blinds cost an average of £55 per square meter, giving a payback time on the basis of winter fuel savings alone of 3 years for single glazed windows and 5 years for double glazed windows. This is without accounting for the reduced air conditioning costs in summer and without valuing the benefits of glare reduction and UV reduction.
Our blinds are easy to install, requiring a drill to drill holes for the brackets and a screwdriver. They come with full fitting instructions.
Cannot Find What You Are Looking For?
If you can't find what you are looking for please call us or email us. We are updating our range all the time – new colours, new fabrics, new sizes. Please let us know what you need and we will do our best to help.