12 Litre Cast Iron Apple/Fruit Press
A step up from the spindle presses this is our best selling press and a firm favourite with families, Apple Days and community groups alike! The crossbeam makes all the difference; it swings away from the press so that you can crush your fruit directly into the basket and empty your used pulp really easily. Put the Classic Crusher A on top, grab a willing friend to help and it’s very efficient, easily producing up to 13.5 litres (3 gallons) an hour. Using only the very best materials; cast iron for the base plate, legs, spindle nut and crossbeam, sustainable beech for the basket and stainless steel for the handle, this press should last a lifetime. Use with a straining bag.
The press basket has holds 11 kg (24 lbs) of crushed fruit. Press apples and any soft seeded fruit like grapes, pears, raspberries, strawberries and more!
- Cast iron cross beam with threaded spindle and seasoned beech press plate attached – swing away to place a crusher on top
- Robust cast iron base plate with lip supported on strong cast iron legs ensures stability of the press when the crossbeam swings to one side
- Cast iron legs can be bolted to a table
- Tough British made food-grade polyester coating
- The press cage holds 11 kg (24 lbs) of crushed fruit
- Press cage made from sustainable beech staves girded by iron hoops
- Basic Cider & Juice Making booklet by championship winning Bollhayes Cider maker Alex Hill is supplied free with this press
- A free tub of food grade grease is supplied with this press
- Height: 57cm (22½)
- Cage diameter: 28cm (11")
- Overall diameter: 43cm (17")
- Weight: 32 kg (70½lbs)