1ft 'Cascade Delight' Raspberry Bush | 3L Pot | By James McIntyre & Sons
Productive disease-resistant producer of large firm sweet fruit
Because Cascade Delight shows outstanding resistance to root rot, it will thrive in wetter gardens where other varieties have failed. Similar in season and productivity to Tulameen, this variety boasts bigger, firmer berries. Expect a heavy yield of berries with an intense, traditional raspberry flavour, beginning in July and continuing for a month or more. The berries are large, long and conical with an excellent shelf life. Long fruiting laterals make for easy picking. An outstanding late summer variety bred in the USA.
- Harvesting Period: Sumer
- Estimated Time to Best Yields: 2 Years
- Uses: Eating Fresh, Jam-Making, Cooking
- Supplied AsTitle: 5x Bare Root / 3L Pot
- Supplied By: 5x Bare Root Primrose-Supplied Canes / 5x Bare Root James McIntyre-Supplied Canes / 3L Pot James McIntyre-Supplied Bush
- Supplied As: 3L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 20cm (8 Inches)
- Planting Distance: 40-60cm
- Eventual Height & Spread: 1.5m x 1.2m (5 x 4ft)
- With bare root plants, you should soak their roots in water for up to 2 hours before planting, while with potted plants, you should drench their rootball.
- Hardiness: Native to the UK, your blackberry or raspberry plant is well accustomed to the milder climate.
- Position: Planting in full sun is always recommended, however they still tolerate light shade.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your plant’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve your plant of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing its roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease.
|Harvesting Period||Early Season Fruit Trees, Mid Season Fruit Trees|
|Features||Fruiting Plants For Shade|
|Harvest Month||July, August|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Species||Raspberry Canes, Soft Fruit Plants|
|Time To Cropping||1 Year|
|Uses||Fruiting Plants Suitable For Eating Fresh|
|Annual Rate Of Growth||Fast Growing|
|Supplied As||3L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Type||Soft Fruit Plants|