1ft Dwarf Rhododendron 'Praecox' | 3L Pot
Stunning trusses of rosy purple flowers perfect for borders
Rosy purple flowers in late February and early March. Compact evergreen shrub with glossy green foliage. Best in garden borders and rockeries for early colour.
- Flowering Period: February/March
- Flower Colour: Purple
- Evergreen: Yes
- Size: Dwarf
- Features: Large Blooms
- Supplied As: 3L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 20-30cm (1ft)
- Eventual Height & Spread: 1m x 1m (3 x 3ft)
Your shrub will be sent directly from our trusted grower, based in the heart of England. This means that you’ll receive a nursery fresh plant which was on the growing table one day, and at your door the following. Our expert nursery has spent decades perfecting the art of watering, feeding, and pruning shrubs, and will do so until hours before they are packed.
Your shrubs will be expertly packaged into a specially designed, extra thick cardboard box, which will hold it securely in place. Your plant will then be delivered via a delicate courier network to prevent any chance of damage in transit.
- Dig a hole that is twice the radius of your plant’s rootball. Make sure that you drench the rootball before planting.
- Place the pot in the planting hole, and make sure that it sits no lower than an inch below the ground.
- Fill the planting hole with a mix of ericaceous compost and garden soil, finishing with ericaceous fertiliser and mycorrhizal fungi. Take care to not compress the soil.
- Once you are happy with your efforts, give your Camellia a generous watering.
- Add mulch on top (whether bark and wood chippings, compost, manure, leaf-mould, and stones), and make sure that the mulch doesn’t touch the stem. Please note, the organic materials should come from acidic sources such as conifers.
- Hardiness: Rhododendron species can mostly be found in temperate regions such as the Himalayas, so are well suited to the UK's climate.
- Position: Rhododendrons thrive in dappled shade, so a few hours of sunlight a day will be perfectly sufficient. If you are to plant in full sun, be sure to apply mulch, which protects their delicate roots from strong sunlight.
- Soil: Rhododendrons are suited to acidic soils below 5.5pH, and anything above this will reduce the amount of nutrients they can absorb. You can increase the acidity of your soil by watering with rainwater and using pine needles, conifer bark, and ericaceous compost as mulch.
- Pots: Planting in pots is recommended as it can be difficult to maintain acidity in garden soil. Using ericaceous compost (and ericaceous fertiliser) is essential, but it may need replacing once in a while.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Evergreen|
|Features||Dwarf Rhododendron & Azaleas, Evergreen Rhododendron & Azaleas, Flowering Shrubs, Plants For Spring Blossom, RHS Award Winning Rhododendron & Azaleas, Shrubs For Shade|
|Flower Colour||Blue, Purple|
|Flowering Month||February, March|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||Yes|
|Supplied As||3L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Shop By Category||Ornamental Shrubs|