1ft Dwarf Rhododendron 'Wee Bee' | 3L Pot
Stunning bell shaped pink flowers
A mass of pink bell shaped flowers in late April. Ideal in rockeries, tubs and small garden borders.
- Flowering Period: April
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Evergreen: Yes
- Size: Dwarf
- Features: Large Blooms
- Supplied As: 3L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 20-30cm (1ft)
- Eventual Height & Spread: 0.6 x 0.6m (2 x 2ft)
Your rhododendron will be sent directly from the grower, in the heart of England, to your doorstep. This approach means that you get a nursery fresh plant which was on the growing table one day and at your door the next. Our expert climber nursery has spent decades perfecting the art of watering feeding and pruning climbers and will do so until hours before it is packed. We see this as a real advantage over garden centres, where plants can be left unattended for weeks on end, or even other mail order companies that despatch from fulfillment sites.
This plant will be expertly packaged into a specially designed, extra thick cardboard box, which holds the plant in place, and sent through a delicate courier network to prevent any chance of damage in transit.
Your shrub will be sent directly from our trusted grower, based in the heart of England. This means that you’ll receive a nursery fresh plant which was on the growing table one day, and at your door the following. Our expert nursery has spent decades perfecting the art of watering, feeding, and pruning shrubs, and will do so until hours before they are packed.
Your shrubs will be expertly packaged into a specially designed, extra thick cardboard box, which will hold it securely in place. Your plant will then be delivered via a delicate courier network to prevent any chance of damage in transit.
- Dig a hole that is twice the radius of your plant’s rootball. Make sure that you drench the rootball before planting.
- Place the pot in the planting hole, and make sure that it sits no lower than an inch below the ground.
- Fill the planting hole with a mix of ericaceous compost and garden soil, finishing with ericaceous fertiliser and mycorrhizal fungi. Take care to not compress the soil.
- Once you are happy with your efforts, give your Camellia a generous watering.
- Add mulch on top (whether bark and wood chippings, compost, manure, leaf-mould, and stones), and make sure that the mulch doesn’t touch the stem. Please note, the organic materials should come from acidic sources such as conifers.
- Hardiness: Rhododendron species can mostly be found in temperate regions such as the Himalayas, so are well suited to the UK's climate.
- Position: Rhododendrons thrive in dappled shade, so a few hours of sunlight a day will be perfectly sufficient. If you are to plant in full sun, be sure to apply mulch, which protects their delicate roots from strong sunlight.
- Soil: Rhododendrons are suited to acidic soils below 5.5pH, and anything above this will reduce the amount of nutrients they can absorb. You can increase the acidity of your soil by watering with rainwater and using pine needles, conifer bark, and ericaceous compost as mulch.
- Pots: Planting in pots is recommended as it can be difficult to maintain acidity in garden soil. Using ericaceous compost (and ericaceous fertiliser) is essential, but it may need replacing once in a while.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Evergreen|
|Features||Dwarf Rhododendron & Azaleas, Evergreen Rhododendron & Azaleas, Flowering Shrubs, Plants For Spring Blossom, RHS Award Winning Rhododendron & Azaleas, Shrubs For Shade|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||Yes|
|Supplied As||3L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|