Loganberry 3L Pot by Primrose & Sons
A thornless raspberry/blackberry hybrid. Very high yields of enormous, long, cone-shaped berries ripening from mid July. Loganberries have an excellent aromatic flavour, they are juicier but sharper than raspberries. The fruit is ideal for all purposes and is best cropped when they turn deep red in colour. Bushy vigorous growth means the branches need permanent support, so ideal for training against a wall/fence. Self fertile.
- Arrives as: 3L Pot
- Approx Height on Arrival: 20-40cm
- Harvesting Month: Mid July to August
- Harvesting Period: Mid
- Eventual Height & Spread: 1.8m x 2.5m
- Rate of Growth: 2-5 Years
- Habit: Bushy
- Uses: Jams, Cooking, Smoothies, Eating Fresh
- Planting Period: All Year
- Self Fertile: Yes
- Planting Distance: 1.5m (5ft)
- Light Preference: Partial shade, full sun
- Soil Preference: Acid, alkaline, neutral, clay, loamy, sandy (will tolerate most soil types)
- Moisture: Well-drained
Plant in well-draining soil using the planting distance specified in the characteristics above.
Some shade can be tolerated but more fruit will be produced at a sunny site.
Dig a hole at least twice the size of the rootball, place plant in ensuring the crown is level with the ground. Backfill with soil and firm well before watering. Mulch for best results.
These fruits should be eaten or frozen within a few days of harvest. They please even the most sophisticated of palates, and can be made into jams and preserves to bring great summer memories on autumn or winter days. Freshly picked fruit will bring your desserts to life with a flavour that simply can't be matched by mass produced, shop bought fruit. When planning your garden, try to choose varieties with fruits that ripen from early summer to late autumn to ensure a constant supply of fresh fruits throughout the warmer months.