20-40cm 'Medana' Tayberry Bush | 3L Pot
Tayberry 'Medana' Bush - Ribes Nigrum - 3L Pot
The 'Medana' is a tayberry which originated in Scotland, with reddish-purple fruits of delicious flavour and with excellent disease resistance. A hybrid created by cross breeding a raspberry and a blackberry, they have a sweet taste, delicious as a purée with yoghurt or ice cream, or use in pies, jams or juices. The fruits freeze very well if you would like to keep some for future use. Late-blooming, in July to August, to avoid late spring frosts.
- Flower Colour: pale green in spring
- Foliage Colour: green
- Approx. Growth Height: 1m - 1.5m
- Approx Spread: 1m - 1.5m
- Comes in a: 3L polypot (not a rigid pot)
- Arrives in a: 4L carton
- Shrub is approx 2 years old
- Flowering Period: spring
- Harvesting Period: late July - early August
- Tolerance: frost tolerant, fairly drought tolerant once established
- Growing Habit: bushy
- Self pollinating: yes
- Uses: eating fresh, cooking, jams/preserves
- Hardiness: hardy
- Exposure: sheltered
- Rate of Growth: max. height in 2-5 years
- Scented: foliage is aromatic
- Wildlife friendly - attracts bees and other pollinating insects
- With bare root plants, you should soak their roots in water for up to 2 hours before planting, while with potted plants, you should drench their rootball.
- Hardiness: Native to the UK, your blackberry or raspberry plant is well accustomed to the milder climate.
- Position: Planting in full sun is always recommended, however they still tolerate light shade.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your plant’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve your plant of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing its roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease.
|Harvesting Period||Mid Season Fruit Trees|
|Common Name||Blackberry, Raspberry, Tayberry|
|Features||Fruiting Plants For Shade|
|Harvest Month||July, August|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Species||Blackberry Bushes, Raspberry Canes, Soft Fruit Plants, Tayberry Plants|
|Time To Cropping||1 Year|
|Type||Blackberry, Raspberry, Tayberry|
|Uses||Fruiting Plants Suitable For Eating Fresh, Fruiting Plants Suitable For Jams / Jelly|
|Annual Rate Of Growth||Fast Growing|
|Supplied As||3L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Type||Soft Fruit Plants|
|Shop By Category||Soft Fruit Plants|