1-2ft Pineapple Guava | 3L Pot | Feijoa Sellowiana
1ft Pineapple Guava | 3L Pot | Feijoa Sellowiana
The beautiful Pineapple Guava is an evergreen native to South America. This exotic tree bears summer blossom that have spectacular pink starbursts amongst pretty white petals and produces sweet, delicate petals that are delicious to eat.
The unusual fruits boast an extraordinary taste; a mixture of pineapple, guava and strawberry and which gives the ‘fruit salad tree’ its name.
Feijoa will ripen outside during a warmer summers, but in colder regions greenhouse growing will ensure a good crop. It will grow happily without much attention and will remain a manageable size for a small garden, or in a pot in a sunny spot.
- Arrives as: 3L Pot
- Approx height on arrival: 30-60cm
- Shrub is approx. 2 years old
- Fruit: Green / flushed red guava.
- Flower Colour: White
- Foliage Colour: Green
- Approx. Growth Height: 2-3m
- Approx Spread: 1.5-2m
- Flowering Period: Spring
- Harvesting Period: Late summer
- Tolerance: Drought tolerant once established
- Growing Habit: Upright
- Self pollinating: Yes
- Uses: Eating fresh, smoothies
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Rate of Growth: max. Height in 3-4 years
- Scented: No
- Wildlife friendly - Attracts bees and other pollinating insects, provides food for birds
Caring and Maintenance
Water during dry periods. Remove any weeds by hand and place a mulch around the plant in winter if you would like to avoid further weeds. Prune when dormant between late autumn and late winter. Aim to remove the old wood, as fruit grows on new wood.
- Planting Distance: 1.2m
These soft fruits will tolerate a wide range of soil conditions, but prefer well-drained conditions. A pH of 4.0 - 6.0 is ideal. They prefer full sun, but will also grow in partial shade.
Dig a hole at least twice the size of the root ball. Ideally, mulch with compost or rotted manure. Firm the bush in well before watering.
Can be planted at any time of the year, as it is a containerised plant.
- Light Requirements: Partial shade, full sun
- Soil Requirements: Acid, alkaline, neutral, clay, loamy, sandy (will tolerate most soil types)
- Moisture: Moist but well-drained, well-drained
Caring and Maintenance
|Harvesting Period||Mid Season Fruit Trees|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Species||Soft Fruit Plants|
|Time To Cropping||1 Year|
|Uses||Fruiting Plants Suitable For Eating Fresh|
|Annual Rate Of Growth||Fast Growing|
|Supplied As||3L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Type||Soft Fruit Plants|
|Shop By Category||Soft Fruit Plants|