20-30cm 'Ruby Beauty' Patio Raspberry Bush | 2L Pot
The ideal variety for container growing
'Ruby Beauty' is a new, compact, naturally dwarf raspberry which was originally bred in New Zealand. It is multi-branching so will produce tremendous yields of up to 1.5kg of sweet, firm raspberries despite its compact size. 'Ruby Beauty' is ready for harvesting in the summer and because it is thornless it is even easier to get to the fruit. It is perfect for growing in containers in a smaller garden or patio as it does not grow taller than 1 metre in height. It can even be used as a low hedge when several are grown and planted together. Hardy and disease resistant, 'Ruby Beauty' is happiest on a sunny and sheltered site planted in moist but well-drained soil.
- Harvesting Period: Summer
- Estimated Time to Best Yields: 2 years
- Uses: Eating Fresh, Jam-Making, Cooking
- Supplied As: 2L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 20-30cm (0.6-1 ft)
- Planting Distance: 40-60cm
- Eventual Height & Spread: 1.5m x 1.2m (5 x 4ft)
Please note: where your plant is supplied with a pot, your plant's 'Height on Arrival' includes the pot
- With bare root plants, you should soak their roots in water for up to 2 hours before planting, while with potted plants, you should drench their rootball.
Advice on hot and droopy plants
If your plants are looking a little wilted right now, don’t worry! Plants like to be filled with water to keep their structure, and when it’s hot that water evaporates.
Just give them an off-schedule watering and they’ll be right as rain in no time! Be careful not to flood them - plants don’t like extremes.
- Hardiness: Native to the UK, your blackberry or raspberry plant is well accustomed to the milder climate.
- Position: Planting in full sun is always recommended, however they still tolerate light shade.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your plant’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve your plant of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing its roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease.
|Features||Fruiting Plants For Shade|
|Harvest Month||June, July, August|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Species||Raspberry Canes, Soft Fruit Plants|
|Time To Crop||1 Year|
|Uses||Fruiting Plants Suitable For Eating Fresh, Fruiting Plants Suitable For Jams / Jelly|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Type||Soft Fruit Plants|
|Shop By Category||Soft Fruit Plants|