1kg 'Foremost' Seed Potato | First Early
1kg of early cropping 'Foremost' seed potatoes - a summer dish staple!
Solanum tuberosum 'Foremost' is a traditional potato variety, producing large early crops that have a fine flavour to them. These potatoes will store well after being harvested too, meaning you can enjoy a steady supply of potatoes throughout summer! Esteemed by the Royal Horticultural Society, the potatoes are highly versatile in the kitchen; perfect steamed or in a summerly salad.
- Size: 1kg bag
- Type: First Early
- Hardiness: Protect tubers from frost
- Planting Time: Late March
- Planting Depth: 10cm (4")
- Planting Distance: 25cm (10")
- Harvesting Time: May
- Uses: Summer dishes, potato salad, boiling, steaming
Our seed potatoes are all harvested at just the right time to ensure they are of the best quality and size. With careful handling and specialised packaging, we can assure you that your bulbs will arrive in perfect condition.
Potatoes are wonderfully easy to grow, so are well suited to the beginner gardener. Below we address some common queries surrounding their care:
- Hardiness: Protect the potatoes from frost.
- Planting In Pots: These are suitable for growing in planters or bags, but make sure that excess water can drain.
- Position: Plant your potatoes in full sun for the very best results.
- Soil Types: Fertile, well-drained soil is recommended.
- Soil Preparation: Ensure the soil is well-drained, and dig in plenty of manure as potatoes are heavy feeders.
- Planting Distance: Plant seeds around 25cm (10") apart, and around 10cm (4") deep into the soil. Rows should be around 75cm (2ft 6 inches) apart.
- Pest Control: Take precautions against cutworms, slugs, wireworms, and potato cyst eelworms.
- Watering Requirements: Water regularly, particularly during dry spells.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Type||First Early Potatoes, Seed Potatoes|
|Supplied As||1kg Bag|