20-30cm Carex 'Everest' | 17cm Pot
A low maintenance grass with vibrant green foliage, enhanced by white margins
Commended by gardeners for its beautiful foliage and hardy nature, Carex oshimensis 'Everest' is characterised by its triangular stems that develop green linear leaves, which are complemented by their luminous-white margins. The accompaniment of both these white and green shades results in a striped pattern, which will add character to the darker areas of your garden. Wonderfully low maintenance, Everest will look beautiful positioned in the flower borders and beds of an informal garden, or planted in a container adorning a patio in need of some interesting greenery.
Care TipRemove dead foliage in Spring to encourage new growth for the months ahead...
- Pot Size: 17cm (7")
- Height on Arrival: 25-30cm (12")
- Eventual Height and Spread: 40 - 50cm (17 - 20")
- Spacing: Plant between 1-2 ft depending on preference.
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|