20-30cm Carex 'Prairy Fire' | 17cm Pot
A versatile grass, offering seasonal displays of both green and orange tones
Carex testacea 'Prairie Fire' exists as the perfect plant for effortlessly gracing your garden with unique and seasonal displays. Prairie Fire will initially bear clusters of fine, vibrant green leaves, that blend into orange towards their tips. As Autumn commences, this foliage will mature to a burnt orange colour, and during the Summer months, brown spikes of flowers will additionally emerge. Prairie Fire will offer beautiful evergreen interest when planted towards the front of your garden's borders, or arranged around rockeries to embrace some warmer tones.
- Remove dead foliage in Spring to encourage new growth for the months ahead...
- Pot Size: 17cm (7")
- Height on Arrival: 30cm (12")
- Eventual Height: 20-30cm (16 - 20")
- Spacing: Plant between 1 - 2 ft depending on preference
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|