250g 'Setton' Onion Sets
250g "Setton" Onion Sets
The allium cepa "Setton" onion is an improved version of the popular traditional "Sturon" variety. These light brown skinned onions have a more rounded uniform shape, and are bred to produce higher yields and be stored for longer. The Setton also has a good, strong flavour and can be used in salads or in cooking.
- Grow onions alongside mint to deter onion fly!
- Size: 250g Bag
- Type: Onion
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy
- Planting Depth: 2cm (1inch)
- Planting Distance: 10cm (4 Inches)
- Harvesting Time: From Mid-August
- Uses: Multipurpose
Each plant is grown and stored in plastic-free materials, and for this we are very proud. These include the biodegradable fibre pots that each vegetable is grown in (which can be placed straight in the ground). When ready, they will be carefully wrapped up in specially-designed and sustainably-sourced cardboard packaging. We additionally use moisture-resistant wax paper to keep every plant safe, and subsequently fill each box with straw for added padding. All packaging will be extensively trialled to ensure that your plants arrive safely, but we will still utilise a delicate-parcels courier just to be certain.
- Unpack your plants: Preferably straight after they arrive, you should carefully unpack your plants. They may appear slightly tired after their journey, however they will soon perk up again.
- Identify each plant: Each type of plant (but not each individual plant) will be clearly labelled. Lay them out into their respective plant types (such as wild rocket, cauliflower, or peas).
- Provide a drink: The roots of your plants may be dry, so provide all of them with a nourishing drink of water. Ensuring that the roots are stood upright, submerge the roots of each plant for a few minutes in a container of clean water.
- Their position: For the best results, plant your vegetables in a site that receives full sun.
- Soil types: You should always avoid waterlogged soils. This is because they can lead to root rot and compacted surroundings, which will hinder your vegetables’ growth.
- Planting distance: Plant your plugs between 15 - 20cm apart, and keep their stems level with the soil. Each row is best spaced 15 - 30cm away from one another.
- Watering requirements: Water when planting, and also during periods of drought.
- Hardiness: Our trusted nursery staff will attentively care for your vegetables, and only deliver them when it is warm enough for them to be planted in your garden.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Type||Onions & Leeks|
|Supplied As||250G Bag|
|Shop By Category||Vegetable Plants|