2ft Deciduous Azalea 'Anneke' | 5L Pot - Azalea mollis 'Anneke'
Brilliant large fragrant flowers
'Anneke' is a beautifully scented, deciduous variety of azalea with extra large, brilliant yellow flowers. This Rhododendron gets its name from the daughter of the famous Dutch nurseryman who discovered it back in the 80’s and it has picked up several gold medal awards during its time on the market. Anneke caries itself with a upright habit and enjoys dappled shade with afternoon sun and will do well in most soils but prefers slightly acidic, moist ground.
- Flowering Period: April-July
- Flowering Colour: Yellow
- Evergreen: No
- Size: Shrub
- Fragrant, Autumn Colour
- Supplied As: 5L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 30-50cm (1-1.7ft)
- Eventual Height & Spread: 1.5m x 1.5m (5 x 5ft)
Your shrub will be sent directly from our trusted grower, based in the heart of England. This means that you’ll receive a nursery fresh plant which was on the growing table one day, and at your door the following. Our expert nursery has spent decades perfecting the art of watering, feeding, and pruning shrubs, and will do so until hours before they are packed.
Your shrubs will be expertly packaged into a specially designed, extra thick cardboard box, which will hold it securely in place. Your plant will then be delivered via a delicate courier network to prevent any chance of damage in transit.
- Dig a hole that is twice the radius of your plant’s rootball. Make sure that you drench the rootball before planting.
- Place the pot in the planting hole, and make sure that it sits no lower than an inch below the ground.
- Fill the planting hole with a mix of ericaceous compost and garden soil, finishing with ericaceous fertiliser and mycorrhizal fungi. Take care to not compress the soil.
- Once you are happy with your efforts, give your Camellia a generous watering.
- Add mulch on top (whether bark and wood chippings, compost, manure, leaf-mould, and stones), and make sure that the mulch doesn’t touch the stem. Please note, the organic materials should come from acidic sources such as conifers.
- Hardiness: Rhododendron species can mostly be found in temperate regions such as the Himalayas, so are well suited to the UK's climate.
- Position: Rhododendrons thrive in dappled shade, so a few hours of sunlight a day will be perfectly sufficient. If you are to plant in full sun, be sure to apply mulch, which protects their delicate roots from strong sunlight.
- Soil: Rhododendrons are suited to acidic soils below 5.5pH, and anything above this will reduce the amount of nutrients they can absorb. You can increase the acidity of your soil by watering with rainwater and using pine needles, conifer bark, and ericaceous compost as mulch.
- Pots: Planting in pots is recommended as it can be difficult to maintain acidity in garden soil. Using ericaceous compost (and ericaceous fertiliser) is essential, but it may need replacing once in a while.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Features||Deciduous Azaleas, Plants For Autumn Colour, Plants For Spring Blossom|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||Yes|
|Supplied As||5L Pot|
|Supplied As||4L-5L Pot|
|Shop By Category||Ornamental Shrubs|