2kg 'Jazzy' Seed Potatoes | Second Early | Salad
2kg "Jazzy" Seed Potatoes
The solanum tuberosum "Jazzy" potatoes are small potatoes with a big flavour! The plant produces enormous yields of small, evenly sized waxy tubers with smooth skin and shallow eyes. Their taste is slightly sweet and creamy and they are more versatile than other salad potatoes; they can also be boiled, steamed, or roasted. The Jazzy potatoes are of the second early variety, however they store very well in the ground and can effectively turn into maincrop potatoes.
|Hardiness||Protect tubers from frost|
|Planting Time||March - April|
|Planting Depth||10cm (4 Inches)|
|Planting Distance||25cm (10 Inches)|
|Harvesting Time||July - September|
|Uses||Boiling, Salad, Roasting|
Potatoes are easy to grow. Below we address some common queries:
- Hardiness: protect the potatoes from frost.
- Planting In Pots: suitable for growing in planters or bags, but make sure excess water can drain.
- Position: plant in the sun with partial shade for best results.
- Soil Types: plant in fertile, well-drained soil.
Soil Preparation: ensure the soil is well-drained and dig in plenty of manure.
Planting Distance: plant seeds around 25cm (10in) apart, around 10cm (4in) deep into the soil. Rows should be around 75cm (2ft 6in) apart.
Pest Control: take precautions against cutworms, slugs, wireworms, and potato cyst eelworms.
Watering Requirements: water regularly, particularly during dry spells.
For a more detailed guide please read our blog below.Click Here To Read More
Our tubers are all harvested at just the right time to ensure they are of the best quality and size. With careful handling and specialised packaging, you can feel confident that they will arrive in perfect condition!
- Unpack your plants: Preferably straight after they arrive, you should carefully unpack your plants. They may appear slightly tired after their journey, however they will soon perk up again.
- Identify each plant: Each type of plant (but not each individual plant) will be clearly labelled. Lay them out into their respective plant types (such as wild rocket, cauliflower, or peas).
- Provide a drink: The roots of your plants may be dry, so provide all of them with a nourishing drink of water. Ensuring that the roots are stood upright, submerge the roots of each plant for a few minutes in a container of clean water.
- Their position: For the best results, plant your vegetables in a site that receives full sun.
- Soil types: You should always avoid waterlogged soils. This is because they can lead to root rot and compacted surroundings, which will hinder your vegetables’ growth.
- Planting distance: Plant your plugs between 15 - 20cm apart, and keep their stems level with the soil. Each row is best spaced 15 - 30cm away from one another.
- Watering requirements: Water when planting, and also during periods of drought.
- Hardiness: Our trusted nursery staff will attentively care for your vegetables, and only deliver them when it is warm enough for them to be planted in your garden.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Type||Second Early Potatoes, Seed Potatoes|
|Supplied As||2kg Bag|