2kg 'Marvel' Seed Potato | Maincrop
2kg of heavy cropping seed potatoes, fantastic for novice growers!
Solanum tuberosum 'Marvel' will have you marvelling at the plentiful yields of delicious potatoes! A relatively new variety, it has a good resistance to PCN, and is generally very hardy and easy to grow. A great all rounder, the potatoes store well too, so you can enjoy a steady supply of crops throughout autumn. Why not make them into wedges or chips as a delicious, home grown side dish?
- Size: 2kg bag
- Type: Maincrop
- Hardiness: Protect tubers from frost
- Planting Time: Mid to late April
- Planting Depth: 10cm (4")
- Planting Distance: 25cm (10")
- Harvesting Time: September to October
- Uses: Summer dishes, potato salad, boiling, steaming
Our seed potatoes are all harvested at just the right time to ensure they are of the best quality and size. With careful handling and specialised packaging, we can assure you that your bulbs will arrive in perfect condition.
Potatoes are wonderfully easy to grow, so are well suited to the beginner gardener. Below we address some common queries surrounding their care:
- Hardiness: Protect the potatoes from frost.
- Planting In Pots: These are suitable for growing in planters or bags, but make sure that excess water can drain.
- Position: Plant your potatoes in full sun for the very best results.
- Soil Types: Fertile, well-drained soil is recommended.
- Soil Preparation: Ensure the soil is well-drained, and dig in plenty of manure as potatoes are heavy feeders.
- Planting Distance: Plant seeds around 25cm (10") apart, and around 10cm (4") deep into the soil. Rows should be around 75cm (2ft 6 inches) apart.
- Pest Control: Take precautions against cutworms, slugs, wireworms, and potato cyst eelworms.
- Watering Requirements: Water regularly, particularly during dry spells.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Type||Maincrop Potatoes, Seed Potatoes|
|Supplied As||2kg Bag|