3 x Allium Plants | Abundant Allium Collection | 3 x 13cm Pots
Grace sunny borders with beautiful purple flowers throughout summertime
Admired by gardeners for their tall stalks where eye-catching, purple flowers boldly sit above, Alliums will certainly add a professionally landscaped look to any garden. Perfect for the beginner gardener who wants a reliable display, this collection includes the following varieties:
- Allium 'Purple Rain': Perfect for a cottage garden, and will prove a beautiful accompaniment to Lavender. Carries the Award of Garden Merit and the Perfect for Pollinators logo.
- Allium 'Purple Sensation': Deep purple, pom-pom like flowers, which are further enhanced by their stunning silver tones, that will shimmer under the sun! This variety also carries the Award of Garden Merit and the Perfect for Pollinators logo.
- Allium christophii : With pretty, dandelion-looking flowerheads, this variety makes for a lovely addition to a wild garden.
Planting TipWhy not plant in generous groups for a row of lilac!
- Supplied As: 3 x 13cm pots
- Flowering Period: May to July
- Varieties Included: 1 x Allium 'Purple Sensation', 1 x Allium 'Purple Rain', and 1 x Allium christophii
- Eventual Height and Spread: (Up to) 1m, 0.2m
- Preferred Location: Full sun
- Soil Type: Fertile, well-drained soil is best
Our herbaceous plants are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Please note, your potted plant may not display flowers as soon as it arrives. However, the 'flowering period' box (detailed above), indicates when you can expect flowers to form. Many of our herbaceous perennials also die back in winter, so will have little growth in spring, but grow quickly once sunlight hours improve.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will keep them nice and secure on their journey.
Please see our below guidance on your perennial or alpine's care:
Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Evergreen|
|Flowering Month||May, June, July|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Eventual Spread||Under 0.3m|
|Supplied As||1L Pot|
|Special Offers||20% off Perennials|
|Shop By Category||Perennial Plants|
|Perennials A - D||Allium|