2-3ft 'Crimson Seedless' Grape Vine | 3L Pot | Seedless | Outdoor
Late ripening variety ideal for the UK's climate
'Crimson seedless' grapes have elongated pinkish-red fruits with crisp firm skin and juicy pulp. The flavour is very fine being sweetly-tart bordering on spicy. Delicious eaten fresh as a healthy snack or in fruit salads and cheese platters.
This particular grape is a really convenient way to extend grape yields as it develops later than most other grape vines and is a heavy cropper. In fact, we'd recommend a strong wire trellis system or suitably strong alternative and special care in pruning their vigorous vines to keep under control.
The fruit can be eaten as dessert grapes, or made into jams, jellies, juice or wine - they also store well. The self-fertile plants can also be grown under glass in colder areas.
- Supplied As: 3L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 70-90cm (2-3 ft)
- Planting Distance: 1.8-2.7m
- Eventual Height & Spread: 10m x 10m (33 x 33ft)
- Location: Outdoor
- Seedless: Yes
- Colour: Red
- Harvesting Period: August-September
- Estimated Time to Best Yields: 2 Years
- Uses: Eating Fresh, Wine-Making
Please note: where your plant is supplied with a pot, your plant's 'Height on Arrival' includes the pot
- Dig a hole that is twice the radius of your plant’s rootball.
- Before planting, drench the rootball.
- Place the pot in the planting hole, making sure that it sits no lower than an inch below the ground.
- Fill the planting hole with a mix of compost and garden soil, finishing with fertiliser and mycorrhizal fungi. Take care to not compress the soil.
- Provide your plant with a generous watering.
- Add mulch on top, (whether bark and wood chippings, compost, manure, leaf-mould, and stones). Try to keep the mulch from touching the stem.
Advice on hot and droopy plants
If your plants are looking a little wilted right now, don’t worry! Plants like to be filled with water to keep their structure, and when it’s hot that water evaporates.
Just give them an off-schedule watering and they’ll be right as rain in no time! Be careful not to flood them - plants don’t like extremes.
- Hardiness: While grapes originate from the Mediterranean and Central Asia, they are hardy enough to survive the UK's winters. However, they can sometimes suffer from frost damage. To avoid this, try to plant them in a south-facing location.
Primrose is the place to be to Discover Everything Garden.
We were created in 2003 to become the UK's largest online-only garden centre. Thousands of plants, planters, awnings, garden furniture sets, water features and more line our digital shelves, and we're ready to fill your garden with comfort, quality, colour and style.
If you'd like to find out more, check out our 'About Us' page.
We want you to be happy with your purchase from the moment it arrives, but if you aren't you have the right to return it within 14 days. Just head to our Returns Page, send us an email, receive a returns number and fire your product back to us.
We'll refund the full cost as well as standard delivery.
Highlands and Islands
We calculate delivery costs at checkout based on your entered postcode, so you'll know at that stage if your chosen product can be sent to you. If you have any queries, please head to Contact Us and send over a form, or visit our Help Centre.
|Harvesting Period||Mid Season Fruit Trees|
|Features||Fruiting Climbing Plants, Seedless Grape Vines|
|Harvest Month||August, September|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Species||Grape Vines, Soft Fruit Plants|
|Time To Crop||1 Year|
|Uses||Fruiting Plants Suitable For Eating Fresh, Fruiting Plants Suitable For Juicing|
|Colour||Red, Red, Black & Blue|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Type||Soft Fruit Plants|
|Shop By Category||Soft Fruit Plants|
|Multibuy Offers||Multibuy Offers|