3ft Italian Cypress | 10L Pot | Cupressus sempervirens 'Totem'
Italian Cypress 80-100cm 'Cupressus Sempervirens Totem' 10L Pot
Italian Cypress trees are perfect for framing doors and gates, effortlessly adding a touch of the Mediterranean to your garden. Extremely easy to manage these stunning trees will maintain a pristine pencil shape with simple trimming. A feature of the Italian countryside Cupressus sempervirens ‘Totem’ is in fact incredibly hardy being able to tolerate drought and frost (up to -20°C)withstanding the British weather all year round.
A garden planner’s favourite the Italian Cypress can be planted along pathways and drives as well as used for screening in the garden to offer privacy and to cover unwanted sites. An evergreen, this tree will offer you colour and style throughout the seasons.
- Arrives in a 10L pot at a height of 80-100cm
- Foliage Colour: Green
- Approx. Growth Height:Up to 8-12m
- Time to Eventual Height: 20-50 years
- Tolerance: Very tolerant of pollution and salt spray
- Growing Habit: Columnar/Upright
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Exposure: Sheltered
- Rate of Growth: Fast
- Wildlife: Provides shelter for birds.
- Hardiness: Conifers can be found growing in far colder regions than the UK and therefore the UK’s mild winters will not affect your tree.
- Position: Conifers make an excellent choice for shady areas of the garden, but do benefit from full sun.
- Soil Types: Soil types can remain an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nevertheless, less than ideal conditions will hinder their growth. Waterlogged soils will starve your conifer of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis, causing its roots to rot and creating the perfect environment for disease.
- Planting in Pots: Conifers do well in pots and benefit from slightly acidic soil, so using a mix of ericaceous and garden soil is recommended. With upright varieties, opt for a square pot, as high winds can topple your plant.
- Hardiness: Conifers can be found growing in far colder regions than the UK and therefore our mild winters will not affect them.
- Position: Conifers make an excellent choice for the shaded parts of your garden, but they will also appreciate full sun.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your conifer’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve them of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing their roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease. Similarly, compressed soils can starve a tree of oxygen and water, so do not compress their soil.
- Pots: Conifers do well in pots and benefit from slightly acidic soil, so we advise you use a mix of ericaceous and garden soil. With upright varieties, opt for a square pot, as high winds can cause your conifer to topple over.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Evergreen|
|Features||Evergreen, Evergreen Trees, Fast Growing Trees, Winter Interest Plants|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||Yes|
|Annual Rate Of Growth||Slow Growing|
|Shape||Topiary Obelisks & Cones|
|Supplied As||10L Pot|
|Supplied As||9L-14L Pot|
|Shop By Category||Ornamental Trees|