2-3ft 'Lakemont' Grape Vine | 2L Pot | Seedless | Outdoor
Reliable disease-resistant seedless variety
A modern cross from the USA, Vitis vinifera 'Lakemont' produces heavy crops of delicious white seedless grapes with a sweet honey-like taste. It is self-fertile and a reliable performer, with decent resistance to powdery mildew, downy mildew and botrytis (grey mould). An extra bonus is vibrant autumn colour at leaf fall, just after the bunches of grapes have ripened.
Although â€˜Lakemontâ€™ is hardy, classified as H5 (-10C to -15C), it wonâ€™t fruit outdoors in colder UK locations. Only grow outdoors in southern England - further north, cultivate in a greenhouse, conservatory or polytunnel. Plants need a fertile, well-drained soil in a sheltered site (south or west-facing) in full sun - a wall or pergola is ideal.
- Location: Outdoor
- Seedless: Yes
- Colour: White
- Harvesting Period: August-September
- Estimated Time to Best Yields: 2 Years
- Uses: Eating Fresh, Wine-Making
- Supplied As: 2L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 70-90cm (2-3 ft)
- Planting Distance: 1.8-2.7m
- Eventual Height & Spread : 10m x 10m (33 x 33ft)
Please note: where your plant is supplied with a pot, your plant's 'Height on Arrival' includes the pot
- Dig a hole that is twice the radius of your plant’s rootball.
- Before planting, drench the rootball.
- Place the pot in the planting hole, making sure that it sits no lower than an inch below the ground.
- Fill the planting hole with a mix of compost and garden soil, finishing with fertiliser and mycorrhizal fungi. Take care to not compress the soil.
- Provide your plant with a generous watering.
- Add mulch on top, (whether bark and wood chippings, compost, manure, leaf-mould, and stones). Try to keep the mulch from touching the stem.
Advice on hot and droopy plants
If your plants are looking a little wilted right now, don’t worry! Plants like to be filled with water to keep their structure, and when it’s hot that water evaporates.
Just give them an off-schedule watering and they’ll be right as rain in no time! Be careful not to flood them - plants don’t like extremes.
- Hardiness: While grapes originate from the Mediterranean and Central Asia, they are hardy enough to survive the UK's winters. However, they can sometimes suffer from frost damage. To avoid this, try to plant them in a south-facing location.
|Harvesting Period||Mid Season Fruit Trees|
|Features||Fruiting Climbing Plants, Seedless Grape Vines|
|Harvest Month||August, September|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Species||Grape Vines, Soft Fruit Plants|
|Time To Crop||1 Year|
|Uses||Fruiting Plants Suitable For Eating Fresh, Fruiting Plants Suitable For Juicing|
|Annual Rate Of Growth||Medium Growing|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Type||Soft Fruit Plants|
|Shop By Category||Soft Fruit Plants|
|Multibuy Offers||Multibuy Offers|