3ft Monterey Cypress 'Goldcrest' | 3L Pot | Cupressus Macrocarpa 'Goldcrest'
Monterey cypress 'Goldcrest' 3L Pot - 'Cupressus Macrocarpa Goldcrest'
The Monterey cypress is one of the most popular cypress on the market at the moment and it's more than likely due to its bright, fresh green colouring that really does add fantastic life to your garden.
The foliage exudes a rich citrus fragrant too which is wonderfully refreshing on a summer's day.
Kept in a container the Monterey cypress will grow to an upright column and responds well to trimming making it perfect for topiary. Left to grow in the ground it will reach a much bigger size and can even be used as hedging.
- Pot Size: 3L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 80-100cm
- Eventual Height: 12m
- Eventual Spread: 4-6m
- Rate of Growth: 20-30 Years
- Habit: Columnar
- Flower Colour: NA
- Flowering Period: NA
- Foliage Colour: Green
- Hardiness Rating: Fully Hardy
- Planting Period: All Year
- Prefered Position: Partial Shade
- Prefered Soil Type: All
- Moisture Requirements: Well-drained
- Exposure: Exposed/ sheltered
- Wildlife Friendly: Yes
- Hardiness: Conifers can be found growing in far colder regions than the UK and therefore the UK’s mild winters will not affect your tree.
- Position: Conifers make an excellent choice for shady areas of the garden, but do benefit from full sun.
- Soil Types: Soil types can remain an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nevertheless, less than ideal conditions will hinder their growth. Waterlogged soils will starve your conifer of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis, causing its roots to rot and creating the perfect environment for disease.
- Planting in Pots: Conifers do well in pots and benefit from slightly acidic soil, so using a mix of ericaceous and garden soil is recommended. With upright varieties, opt for a square pot, as high winds can topple your plant.
- Hardiness: Conifers can be found growing in far colder regions than the UK and therefore our mild winters will not affect them.
- Position: Conifers make an excellent choice for the shaded parts of your garden, but they will also appreciate full sun.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your conifer’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve them of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing their roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease. Similarly, compressed soils can starve a tree of oxygen and water, so do not compress their soil.
- Pots: Conifers do well in pots and benefit from slightly acidic soil, so we advise you use a mix of ericaceous and garden soil. With upright varieties, opt for a square pot, as high winds can cause your conifer to topple over.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Evergreen|
|Features||Evergreen, Evergreen Trees, Winter Interest Plants|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||Yes|
|Foliage Colour||Green, Yellow|
|Annual Rate Of Growth||Medium Growing|
|Supplied As||5L Pot|
|Supplied As||4L-5L Pot|
|Shop By Category||Ornamental Trees|