2-3ft 'Muscat Blanc' Grape Vine | 3L Pot | Indoor
Historic Greek variety enjoyed by Lord Byron
Historic variety that dominates wine production in Samos, but can be found as far flung as Australia. Not suitable for growing outside or in cold locations.
- Location: Indoor
- Seedless: No
- Color: White
- Harvesting Period: August - September
- Estimated Time to Best Yields: 2 years
- Uses: Eating Fresh, Wine-Making
- Supplied As: 3L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 1m (3ft)
- Planting Distance: 1.8-2.7m
- Eventual Height & Spread: 10m x 10m (33 x 33ft)
- Dig a hole that is twice the radius of your plant’s rootball.
- Before planting, drench the rootball.
- Place the pot in the planting hole, making sure that it sits no lower than an inch below the ground.
- Fill the planting hole with a mix of compost and garden soil, finishing with fertiliser and mycorrhizal fungi. Take care to not compress the soil.
- Provide your plant with a generous watering.
- Add mulch on top, (whether bark and wood chippings, compost, manure, leaf-mould, and stones). Try to keep the mulch from touching the stem.
- Hardiness: While grapes originate from the Mediterranean and Central Asia, they are hardy enough to survive the UK's winters. However, they can sometimes suffer from frost damage. To avoid this, try to plant them in a south-facing location.
|Features||Fruiting Climbing Plants|
|Harvest Month||August, September|
|Location||Indoor Grape Vines|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Species||Grape Vines, Soft Fruit Plants|
|Time To Cropping||1 Year|
|Supplied As||3L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Type||Soft Fruit Plants|
|Shop By Category||Soft Fruit Plants|