3ft Passiflora Amethyst 'Lavender Lady' | 3L Pot |
Passiflora Amethyst 'Lavender Lady' - 3L Pot
‘Lavender Lady’ is a vigorous, evergreen climber. From July to September it blooms and produces vivid violet-purple flowers with contrasting green anthers surrounded by deep-green leathery foliage. Orange fruit appears after the flowers which is edible, although not tasty, but does add excellent colour in autumn. With its vigorous growing habit it would look great trained up a warm sheltered wall or trellis and can also be grown in containers.
- Arrives as: 3L Pot
- Approx. Growth Height and Spread: 2.5-4m x 0.5-1.5m
- Flower Colour: Purple
- Flowering Period: July-September
- Growth Rate: Vigorous
- Evergreen/ Deciduous: Evergreen
- Scented: No
- Hardiness: Half-Hardy
- Position: Full Sun/Partial Shade
- Exposure: Sheltered
- Habit: Climbing
- Soil: Sand, Clay, Chalk, Loam
Your climbing plant will be sent directly from our trusted grower, based in the heart of England. This means that you’ll receive a nursery fresh plant which was on the growing table one day and at your door the next. Our specialist nursery has spent decades perfecting the art of watering, feeding, and pruning climbing plants and will do so until hours before they are packed.
Your climbing plant will be expertly packaged into a specially designed, extra thick cardboard box, which will hold it securely in place. It will then be delivered via a delicate courier network to prevent any chance of damage in transit.
Passion Flowers need to be supported to be able to climb and thrive. Where possible place them next to a trellis or fence. They do not need to be pruned but it can help to encourage growth and keep the growing vine in control. In spring remove dead stems. Passion Flowers need to be watered especially during dry spells.
- Hardiness: The climbing plants we stock will are well accustomed to colder environments, so they are perfectly suited to the UK’s weather.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your plant’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve it of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing its roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Common Name||Passion Flower|
|Features||Fast Growing Climbing Plants|
|Flowering Month||July, August, September|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Annual Rate Of Growth||1m|
|Supplied As||3L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Type||Climbing Plants, Ornamental Shrubs|