4ft Silver Margined Holly | 7L Pot | Ilex aquifolium 'Argentea Marginata'
Silver Margined Holly 7L Pot - Ilex aquifolium 'Argentea Marginata'
Bushy and pyramidal. Silver marginated oval leaves. Self fertile fruiting female form for specimen trees, hedges or topiary.
- Arrives as: 7L Pot
- Approx Height on Arrival: 0.6-1m
- Eventual Growth Height/ Spread: 12m+ x 4-8m
- Rate of Growth: Slow
- Habit: Bushy
- Flower Colour: White
- Flowering Period: Spring
- Foliage Colour: Variagated - Cream & Green
- Planting Period: All Year
- Evergreen/ Deciduous: Evergreen
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy
- Prefered Position: Sheltered/ Exposed
- Prefered soil type: All
- Moisture Requirements: Moist, Well Draining
- Exposure: Exposed/ Sheltered
- AGM Award Winner
Why Choose Frank P Matthews?
Frank P Matthews is the UK’s the finest tree growers situated on fertile lands in the heart of the picturesque Teme Valley, Worcestershire. The team produce over ½ million trees a year with over 600 varieties to choose from. Here are a just few factors that make the quality of their trees unbeatable:
- High grade out - they have a much higher grade out than most nurseries meaning that only the very best trees make it to our customers
- Drip irrigation with added nutrients - means the trees get exactly the right amount of water and nutrients to grow strong and healthy whilst avoiding water wastage from unnecessary runoff
- Formative pruning - the trees are pruned between 3-4 times before they reach the end of production leading to an excellent, well balanced shape that you won’t find elsewhere
- Experience - family run since 1901, Frank P Matthews has as much experience as any grower
& often lead the way with research & breeding programmes introducing many famous & award winning varieties
- UK grown - every tree we sell is UK grown, this reduces any travel time, reduces the risk of disease spread and leaves you with an unbeatable quality of tree
Your shrub will be sent directly from our trusted grower, based in the heart of England. This means that you’ll receive a nursery fresh plant which was on the growing table one day, and at your door the following. Our expert nursery has spent decades perfecting the art of watering, feeding, and pruning shrubs, and will do so until hours before they are packed.
Your shrubs will be expertly packaged into a specially designed, extra thick cardboard box, which will hold it securely in place. Your plant will then be delivered via a delicate courier network to prevent any chance of damage in transit.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Evergreen|
|Features||Evergreen, Evergreen Trees, Winter Interest Plants|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Colour||Green, White / Cream|
|Foliage Colour||Green, White|
|Annual Rate Of Growth||Slow Growing|
|Supplied As||7L Pot|
|Supplied As||6L-8L Pot|
|Type||Ornamental Shrubs, Ornamental Trees|