4ft Wisteria Trellis | 18L Trough | Wisteria brachybotrys 'Shiro|Kapitan'
Lovely strongly-scented white racemes
Wisteria brachybotrys 'Shiro-Kapitan' is a vigorous grower which flowers profusely from late spring and into summer. The bloom consists of an abundance of small, hanging snow-white flowers giving the ‘Shiro-Kapitan’, or ‘Silky Wisteria’ a delightful charm. This climber is perfect to train up a weathered wall, colourless pagoda or arch. This variety of Wisteria is particularly hardy and disease resistant and has thus been recognised by the Royal Horticultural Society with the AGM award. To achieve it’s full ornamental value it will prefer a sheltered, south facing position and full sun, it can however grow in partial shade. Primrose instant climbing plants are provided fully covering the trellis for instant impact when added to your garden. Just drop them into place either in the ground or in a container and prepare to marvel at your living screening. Incorporate into your garden design to cleverly compartmentalise your outdoor space creating areas for dining, walkways or even hide an unsightly feature.
- Flowering Period: May/June
- Flower Colour: White
- Scented: Yes
- Best Location: florinbuda varieties with long racemes tend to look best growing up pergolas, while species with shorter racemes look best growing up walls.: Wall
- Twining: Anti-Clockwise
- Suitable For Shade: No
- Features: Repeat Flowering
- Supplied As: 18L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 1.2m (4ft)
- Growth Rate: Very Fast (Up to 3m Annually)
- Eventual Height & Spread Eventual size depends on both environmental and genetic conditions.: 10m x 4m (30 x 14ft)
Your climbing plant will be sent directly from our trusted grower, based in the heart of England. This means that you’ll receive a nursery fresh plant which was on the growing table one day and at your door the next. Our specialist nursery has spent decades perfecting the art of watering, feeding, and pruning climbing plants and will do so until hours before they are packed.
Your climbing plant will be expertly packaged into a specially designed, extra thick cardboard box, which will hold it securely in place. It will then be delivered via a delicate courier network to prevent any chance of damage in transit.
- Hardiness: Wisteria originates from climates that have far colder climates than that of the UK, so they will make a fully hardy addition to your garden.
- Position: Wisteria plants require full sun, and only sinensis varieties are suitable for light shade. As a rule, wisteria species with long racemes look best when growing up pergolas, while species with short racemes look best when growing up a wall. We therefore recommend that you buy floribunda varieties for pergolas and sinensis, and brachybotrys and frutescens varieties for walls. Lastly, as wisterias form thick woody roots, you should avoid having to re-plant them.
- Soil: Belonging to the legume family, Wisteria is able to fix nitrogen from the atmosphere, so does not require as much fertilising as other plants do. Your wisteria will flourish in most soils that are not compacted or waterlogged.
- Hardiness: The climbing plants we stock will are well accustomed to colder environments, so they are perfectly suited to the UK’s weather.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your plant’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve it of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing its roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Features||Plants For Spring Blossom, Scented, Scented Climbing Plants|
|Flowering Month||May, June|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Colour||Green, White / Cream|
|Annual Rate Of Growth||3m|
|Supplied As||18L Pot|
|Supplied As||15L-18L Pot|
|Shop By Category||Climbing Plants|