5 x 15 - 20cm Sambucus nigra 'Black Tower' | 9cm Pots
Plum coloured foliage adorning a beautiful columnar plant
A relatively new variety, Sambucus nigra 'Black Tower' will accentuate your landscape with its columnar shape and deep plum foliage. The upright habit of these plants will add beautiful structure to your garden, whether big or small, while the deeply lobed, plum-coloured leaves will keep it colourful throughout the year! Come summer, sprays of pure white flowers will emerge, creating a beautiful contrast of light and dark. Whether planted as a single specimen focal point or amongst a variety of shrubs, this Sambucus will certainly make an invaluable foliage plant.
- Supplied As: 5 x 9cm pots
- Height on Arrival Your rose's height depends on the variety it belongs to and when it's purchased. Some roses are pruned to 15cm high when dormant; this ensures that it won't get uprooted in the wind, and is less vulnerable to disease: 15 - 20cm
- Eventual Height and Spread Your plant's eventual size can depend on both environmental and genetic condition: 250cm (8.2ft) x 120cm (4ft)
- Flowers?: Yes, sprays of white flowers in summer
Your shrub will be sent directly from our trusted grower, based in the heart of England. This means that you'll receive a nursery fresh plant which was on the growing table one day, and at your door the following. Our expert nursery has spent decades perfecting the art of watering, feeding, and pruning shrubs, and will do so until hours before they are packed.
Please note: where your plant is supplied with a pot, your plant's 'Height on Arrival' includes the pot
All of our shrubs are very easy to grow (unless specified). Below, we address some common queries surrounding your shrub's care:
- Position: Most shrubs tolerate full sun or partial shade. We advise that you apply mulch when planting, as this will help retain moisture in the soil.
- Soil Types: It is important to avoid waterlogged soils, which will starve a plant's roots of oxygen, risking plant death.
- Hardiness: This species (Pittosporum tenuifolium) will remain hardy throughout most parts of the UK.
Advice on hot and droopy plants
If your plants are looking a little wilted right now, don’t worry! Plants like to be filled with water to keep their structure, and when it’s hot that water evaporates.
Just give them an off-schedule watering and they’ll be right as rain in no time! Be careful not to flood them - plants don’t like extremes.
Primrose is the place to be to Discover Everything Garden.
We were created in 2003 to become the UK's largest online-only garden centre. Thousands of plants, planters, awnings, garden furniture sets, water features and more line our digital shelves, and we're ready to fill your garden with comfort, quality, colour and style.
If you'd like to find out more, check out our 'About Us' page.
We want you to be happy with your purchase from the moment it arrives, but if you aren't you have the right to return it within 14 days. Just head to our Returns Page, send us an email, receive a returns number and fire your product back to us.
We'll refund the full cost as well as standard delivery.
Highlands and Islands
We calculate delivery costs at checkout based on your entered postcode, so you'll know at that stage if your chosen product can be sent to you. If you have any queries, please head to Contact Us and send over a form, or visit our Help Centre.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Flowering Month||June, July, August|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Foliage Colour||Black, Green|
|Supplied As||9cm Pot|
|Shop By Category||Ornamental Shrubs|