5 x 15 - 20cm Sambucus nigra 'Black Tower' | 9cm Pots
Plum coloured foliage adorning a beautiful columnar plant
A relatively new variety, Sambucus nigra 'Black Tower' will accentuate your landscape with its columnar shape and deep plum foliage. The upright habit of these plants will add beautiful structure to your garden, whether big or small, while the deeply lobed, plum-coloured leaves will keep it colourful throughout the year! Come summer, sprays of pure white flowers will emerge, creating a beautiful contrast of light and dark. Whether planted as a single specimen focal point or amongst a variety of shrubs, this Sambucus will certainly make an invaluable foliage plant.
- Supplied As: 5 x 9cm pots
- Height on Arrival Your rose's height depends on the variety it belongs to and when it's purchased. Some roses are pruned to 15cm high when dormant; this ensures that it won't get uprooted in the wind, and is less vulnerable to disease: 15 - 20cm
- Eventual Height and Spread Your plant's eventual size can depend on both environmental and genetic condition: 250cm (8.2ft) x 120cm (4ft)
- Flowers?: Yes, sprays of white flowers in summer
Your shrub will be sent directly from our trusted grower, based in the heart of England. This means that you'll receive a nursery fresh plant which was on the growing table one day, and at your door the following. Our expert nursery has spent decades perfecting the art of watering, feeding, and pruning shrubs, and will do so until hours before they are packed.
All of our shrubs are very easy to grow (unless specified). Below, we address some common queries surrounding your shrub's care:
- Position: Most shrubs tolerate full sun or partial shade. We advise that you apply mulch when planting, as this will help retain moisture in the soil.
- Soil Types: It is important to avoid waterlogged soils, which will starve a plant's roots of oxygen, risking plant death.
- Hardiness: This species (Pittosporum tenuifolium) will remain hardy throughout most parts of the UK.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Flowering Month||June, July, August|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Foliage Colour||Black, Green|
|Supplied As||9cm Pot|
|Supplied As||9cm Pot|
|Shop By Category||Ornamental Shrubs|