50-90cm Lonicera Japonica 'Hall's Prolific' | 3L Pot
A vigorous, free-flowering Japanese Honeysuckle featuring beautifully-scented, tubular blooms
Commended by gardeners for its vigorous and continuously-blooming habit, this Japanese Honeysuckle will bear masses of tubular blooms that boast a wonderfully nectarous scent. Upon opening, each bloom will exhibit a crisp-white shade, that will gradually mature to yellow. Subject to a gentler Winter, the deep-green, ovate-shaped leaves of this plant will remain; gracing your garden with beautiful colour once other plants have died down. Subject to a warmer Summer, this Honeysuckle will also bear small, deep-purple berries.
- Plowering Period: June - September
- FLower Colour: Yellow
- Scented: Yes
- Suitable For Shade: No
- Features: Abundant flowers, evergreen foilage, nectarous scent
- Supplied As: 3L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 50-90cm (1.5-3ft)
- Growth Rate: Fast (1-3ft anually)
- Eventual Height & Spread: 3m x 3m (10 x 10ft)
Your climbing plant will be sent directly from our trusted grower, based in the heart of England. This means that you’ll receive a nursery fresh plant which was on the growing table one day and at your door the next. Our specialist nursery has spent decades perfecting the art of watering, feeding, and pruning climbing plants and will do so until hours before they are packed.
Your climbing plant will be expertly packaged into a specially designed, extra thick cardboard box, which will hold it securely in place. It will then be delivered via a delicate courier network to prevent any chance of damage in transit.
As we recommend with all plants, it is key to regularly water newly planted plants in the months after planting.
Jasmine plants are extremely versatile and can even be grown as part of hedge or up a tree
When planting, dig a hole twice the circumference of the pot. Ensure the pot sits roughly level with the soil, with the graft point above the soil. Infill, the remaining space with a mix of compost and garden soil, but do not compress the soil.
In terms of care, watering is important especially during the summer months. They will need a thorough watering twice weekly during dry spells.
Honeysuckle produce on this year's growth, so can be pruned anytime after flowering till spring.
- Hardiness: The climbing plants we stock will are well accustomed to colder environments, so they are perfectly suited to the UK’s weather.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your plant’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve it of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing its roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Evergreen|
|Features||Climbing Plants For Shade, Evergreen Climbing Plants, Scented Climbing Plants, Summer Flowering Plants|
|Flower Colour||White, Yellow|
|Flowering Month||June, July, August, September|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Annual Rate Of Growth||1m|
|Supplied As||2.5L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Shop By Category||Roses & Climbers|