50-90cm Vitis 'Brant' | Ornamental Grape Vine | 3L Pot
An Ornamental Grape Vine featuring beautiful, red and green foliage
Perfect for someone with a love for Autumn, this Ornamental Grape Vine features large green leaves, that will develop into a deep-red shade from September onward. Each red leaf is complemented by its striking green variegation, which will add colourful interest to walls, fences, trellises, and pergolas. Deciduous and self-clinging, this vine will additionally gift you with edible black grapes, that can be used for wine-making.
- Location: Outdoor
- Seedless: No
- Colour: Blue
- Harvesting Period: August - September
- Estimated Time to Best Yields: 2 Years
- Uses: Eating fresh, wine-making.
- Supplied As: 3L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 50-90cm (1.5-3ft)
- Planting Distance: 1.8-2.7m
- Eventual Height & Spread: 10m x 10m (33 x 33ft)
- Dig a hole that is twice the radius of your plant’s rootball.
- Before planting, drench the rootball.
- Place the pot in the planting hole, making sure that it sits no lower than an inch below the ground.
- Fill the planting hole with a mix of compost and garden soil, finishing with fertiliser and mycorrhizal fungi. Take care to not compress the soil.
- Provide your plant with a generous watering.
- Add mulch on top, (whether bark and wood chippings, compost, manure, leaf-mould, and stones). Try to keep the mulch from touching the stem.
- Hardiness: While grapes originate from the Mediterranean and Central Asia, they are hardy enough to survive the UK's winters. However, they can sometimes suffer from frost damage. To avoid this, try to plant them in a south-facing location.
|Features||Fruiting Climbing Plants|
|Harvest Month||August, September|
|Location||Outdoor Grape Vines|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Time To Cropping||1 Year|
|Colour||Red, Red, Black & Blue|
|Foliage Colour||Green, Red|
|Supplied As||2.5L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Type||Climbing Plants, Soft Fruit Plants|
|Shop By Category||Climbing Plants|