50-90cm Wisteria brachyboytrys 'Golden Dragon' | 3L Pot
Lovely fragrant purple racemes
An unusual Silky wisteria due to its new foliage emerging in a yellow hue which sets off against the deep purple long flowers. Flowers best in a full sun situation. Harmful if eaten.
- Flowering Period: May/June
- Flower Colour: Purple
- Scented: Yes
- Best Location: Wall
- Twining: Anti-Clockwise
- Suitable For Shade: No
- Features: Repeat Flowering
- Supplied As: 3L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 50-90cm (1.5-3ft)
- Growth Rate: Very Fast (Up to 3m Annually)
- Eventual Height & Spread: 6m x 6m (20 x 20ft)
Your climbing plant will be sent directly from our trusted grower, based in the heart of England. This means that you’ll receive a nursery fresh plant which was on the growing table one day and at your door the next. Our specialist nursery has spent decades perfecting the art of watering, feeding, and pruning climbing plants and will do so until hours before they are packed.
Your climbing plant will be expertly packaged into a specially designed, extra thick cardboard box, which will hold it securely in place. It will then be delivered via a delicate courier network to prevent any chance of damage in transit.
- Hardiness: Wisteria originates from climates that have far colder climates than that of the UK, so they will make a fully hardy addition to your garden.
- Position: Wisteria plants require full sun, and only sinensis varieties are suitable for light shade. As a rule, wisteria species with long racemes look best when growing up pergolas, while species with short racemes look best when growing up a wall. We therefore recommend that you buy floribunda varieties for pergolas and sinensis, and brachybotrys and frutescens varieties for walls. Lastly, as wisterias form thick woody roots, you should avoid having to re-plant them.
- Soil: Belonging to the legume family, Wisteria is able to fix nitrogen from the atmosphere, so does not require as much fertilising as other plants do. Your wisteria will flourish in most soils that are not compacted or waterlogged.
- Hardiness: The climbing plants we stock will are well accustomed to colder environments, so they are perfectly suited to the UK’s weather.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your plant’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve it of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing its roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Features||Scented Climbing Plants|
|Flowering Month||May, June|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Annual Rate Of Growth||1m|
|Supplied As||3L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Shop By Category||Roses & Climbers|