Smartedge is the perfect solution for creating crisp margins for your lawn. Manufactured from heavy duty polypropylene, it enables you to create your own unique landscape without crumbly edges or grass growing out of the boundaries. When installed, this hardwearing product is strong enough to drive over with small garden tractors and can be used in both any size garden to deliver stunning results.
This product comes in a three natural colours, perfect for blending in with your garden
- Flexible - can be used to create curved lines or sharp corners
- Sturdy and neat edge - no earth distortion, crumbly edges or grass growing out of edges
- Easy to set up - simply fold the A-frames over your lawn then pin them into place
- Polypropylene edge - UV and frost proof and won't crack, rot, fade or stain
- Unique patented A-frame system makes clipping the edging to your lawn quick and easy
- The biodegradable pins decompose naturally, leaving the A-frames bound to the roots of the lawn
- Non-toxic - great for gardens with small children or animals, plus it wont damage your lawn
- Edge height: 14cm (5½in), of which 4cm is the teeth
- Edge thickness: 2mm (0.08in)
- Length: 50m (164ft ½in) roll contains 450 pin
- Maximum visible height is 10cm (3.9")
The robust and flexible lawn edging has a unique design whereby the A-Frames themselves are bound to the roots of the lawn as the grass grows, forming a neat boundary between the grass and flowerbeds, paths, rockeries and more. The edge strip is made from polypropylene, which makes it UV resistant and frost proof, helps to prevent rot, cracking and splitting.
The Smartedge system includes securing pins as standard, but you may require more depending on the shape of your border and the surface of your lawn. In normal conditions it should only be necessary to pin every third or fourth A-Frame. For example this 50m Smartedge pack comes with 450 pins and 1200 A-Frames as standard.
When setting the lawn edge make sure the ground is not too dry. It is important to make the setting out as easy as possible. To make the ground more pliable simply water the area in preparation before laying the Smartedge. Each edge comes with securing pins for easy fixing, which are completely biodegradable. Once the A-frames are bound to the lawn, the pins decompose.