4-5ft Golden Indian Bean Tree | 9L Pot | 'Catalpa bignonioides Aurea'
Golden Indian Bean Tree - 9L Pot 'Catalpa bignonioides Aurea'
'Indian Bean Tree' is a spreading, medium sized, deciduous tree with pale-green, large, floppy leaves. In the late summer it blooms and produces masses of gorgeous, bell-shaped white flowers that are marked with orange and purple spots which are followed by thin green pods. This hardy tree is happiest when placed in a sunny and sheltered spot in moist well-drained soil.
- Arrives as: 9L Pot
- Approx. Height on Arrival: 130-160cm
- Eventual Growth Height: 8-12m
- Eventual Spread: 8-10m
- Rate of Growth: 20-40 Years
- Habit: Spreading
- Flower Colour: Orange/ Purple
- Flowering Period: June/July
- Foliage Colour: Green
- Planting Period: All Year
- Evergreen/ Deciduous: Deciduous
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Prefered Position: Full Sun
- Prefered soil type: All
- Moisture Requirements: Well-drained
- Exposure: Sheltered
- Wildlife Friendly: No
- Scented: No
We have developed an eco friendly polypot that is currently in use across our 9 litre range. This polypot has less than 20% of the plastic used by a regular pot, and is importantly recyclable. Polypots also prevent root spiraling, encouraging a healthier root system.
All trees arrive in an extra thick cardboard box with a clamp to hold their pot in place. This prevents them from moving around on their journey.
Nursery staff will wrap the roots of our bare root trees and use compost to keep them moist during transportation. This extra protection prevents them from drying out, allowing for a flying start. We also use the same specialised box that our potted trees have to keep them nice and secure as they make their way to your home.
- Water young trees regularly until roots are well established. Trim annually to maintain shape if desired.
- Apply some fertilizer in spring in order to promote healthy growth.
Planting Distance: 4m - 6m
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Common Name||Bean Tree|
|Flower Colour||Orange, Purple, White|
|Flowering Month||June, July|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Annual Rate Of Growth||Slow Growing|
|Supplied As||9L Pot|
|Supplied As||9L-14L Pot|
|Shop By Category||Ornamental Trees|