Achillea ptarmica 'The Pearl' | Sneezewort
White double flowers, perfect for indoor floral arrangements
A long-standing cultivar, Achillea ptarmica (The Pearl Group) will grace your early autumn garden with button-like, white double flowers. These blooms will make pretty cut flowers, and will last for an impressive amount of time in a vase before withering. We consider this Achillea to be best placed in the middle of a border, ideally accompanying Lavender or Sedum. To promote repeat flowering, cut back the stems when the flowers begin to fade.
- Flowering Period: June to September
- Soil and Sun Exposure: Moist well-drained soil receiving part shade or full sun
- Eventual Height and Spread: 0.6m, 0.6m
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Pot Size: 3 litres
- Fresh from the Nursery
- White Double Blooms
- Perfect Cut Flowers
- Easy to Grow
- Long Flowering Season
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|