Actaea 'Black Negligee' | 3L Pot
Deep black, serrated leaves, contrasting against crisp white flowers
Unusual, deep black serrated and heavily-veined leaves make this shade-loving perennial one to remember. This variety will additionally produce white, lightly scented flowers in autumn, which will prove a valuable resource to pollinators.Planting a mix of beautiful perennials around your garden, whether large or small, is one of the most rewarding means of enhancing your space. Perennials can forge striking structure, colourful themes, and help pollinators flourish. As such, you will not only be benefiting yourself, but also the world around you.
- Flowering Period: Autumn
- Preferred Location: Well-drained soil
- Height and Spread: 1.5 metres, 0.9 metres
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Pot Size: 3L Pot
- Fresh from the Nursery
- Attractive To Bees
- Generous Flowering Period
- Environmentally-Conscious Packaging
Planting TipPlant differing perennials throughout your garden for a colourful display!
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Common Name||Black Cohosh|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||3L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Awards||Perfect For Pollinators|
|Shop By Category||Perennial Plants|