Agapanthus 'Tornado' | 2L Pot
A floriferous perennial forming sumptuous blue flowers resting on linear stalks
Strong-growing and evergreen, Agapanthus 'Tornado' will form distinct clusters of trumpet-shaped flowers that rest on tall, linear stalks. The slender appearance this plant, contrasting against its circular clusters of flowers, forges an eye-catching silhouette that is considered well-suited to the back of your garden's borders. Flowering from July through to September, this variety will grace your summerly garden with a mixture of cooler-hued tones of blue, silver and green.This perennial has been grown by our trusted growers, based in the West Midlands. Once ordered, they will be picked and carefully packaged into secure, yet environmentally friendly packaging.
- Fresh from the Nursery
- Attractive To Bees
- Generous Flowering Period
- Environmentally-Conscious Packaging
Planting TipPlant differing perennials throughout your garden for a colourful display!
- Flowering Period: July to September
- Preferred Location: Well-drained soil
- Height and Spread: 0.6 metres, 0.5 metres
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Pot Size: 2L Pot
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Common Name||African Lily|
|Features||Tall Perennial Plants|
|Location||Perennial Plants For Pots|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||3L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Shop By Category||Perennial Plants|