Alcea 'Chaters Double Yellow' | Hollyhock
Pastel yellow flowers encircling tall, muted green stalks
Flowering from June through to September, Alcea 'Chaters Yellow' will evoke a cottage garden theme via its yellow, compact roses, and upright, linear stalk. This perennial will bear racemens of roses that grow in abundance, with their beautiful yellow colouring concealing almost the entire stalk. Pale-green leaves, adorned by their undulated margins, rest between these blooms, which helps break up their colour; resulting in a multi dimensional display.
- Flowering Period: June to September
- Preferred Location: Well drained soil
- Height and Spread: 1.8 metres, 0.6 metres
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Pot Size: 3L Pot
- Fresh from the Nursery
- Attractive To Bees
- Generous Flowering Period
- Environmentally-Conscious Packaging
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|