Arabis caucasica | Rockcress | 10.5cm Pot
Enjoy an evergreen show of pretty, mid-green leaves, and white blooms come spring!
Part of the Mustard family, this Arabis caucasica plant will adorn your garden (all year round!) with its upright bed of attractive, evergreen leaves. Come spring, decorative white flowers cover the plant, and will importantly go down a treat with your garden's pollinators! Perfect for adding some botanical beauty to rockeries and gravel gardens, Arabis caucasica is a hardy little perennial that is a must-have for the less attentive gardener.
Planting Tip - Plant in the less forgiving parts of your garden for beautiful colour all year round...
- Supplied As: 10.5cm pot
- Flowering Period: Spring
- Eventual Height: (Up to) 40cm (16")
- Preferred Location: Full sun or part shade
- Soil Type: Well-drained soil
About your Plant
Our herbaceous plants are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Please note, your potted plant may not display flowers as soon as it arrives. However, the 'flowering period' in Specifications indicates when you can expect flowers to form. Many of our herbaceous perennials also die back in winter, so will have little growth in spring, but grow quickly once sunlight hours improve.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will keep them nice and secure on their journey.
Please see our below guidance on your perennial or alpine's care:
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
|Common Name||Rock Cress|
|Features||Alpine Plants, Evergreen Perennials|
|Location||Perennial Ground Cover Plants|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Ground Cover||Suited for Ground Cover|
|Sale Type||3 for 2 - 10.5cm Bedding/Perennial|
|Shop By Category||Perennial Plants|