Arrow Bamboo | Pseudosasa japonica
5ft Arrow Bamboo 10L Pot - 'Pseudosasa japonica'
A tall, fast growing bamboo with beautiful olive canes maturing to pale beige with dark green pinnate leaves.
Arrow bamboo is the perfect choice for a more those tricky positions as it is more wind and shade tolerant than almost all other bamboo varieties.
Broadly upright in habit, this bamboo makes the most attractive screen or windbreak for moist, well-drained areas of the garden.
- Comes in a: 10L pot
- Approx. Height on Arrival: 120-150cm
- Approx. Growth Height: 8m+
- Foliage Colour: Green
- Stem Colour: Olive/ Yellow
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Exposure: Exposed/Sheltered
Lovingly grown and carefully packaged up, your bamboo plant will arrive in an extra thick cardboard box. This box also includes a clamp to hold the pot in place. You can therefore rest assured that your plant will not move around in transit, arriving in good condition.
Please note: where your plant is supplied with a pot, your plant's 'Height on Arrival' includes the pot
- If you are planting a spreading bamboo, you should consider taking steps to prevent unwanted running. You can use bamboo control fabrics or plant in a container to make your bamboo more manageable.
- Bamboo plants need a lot of water, so water them regularly if you are planting them in a container. This is particularly important during the summer months (where they will need 2 - 3 soakings per week if the weather has been dry).
- They also consume plenty of nutrients to support their impressive growth rate. You should replenish their soil with fertiliser, and use a liquid seaweed or a slow release granular fertiliser once a year for potted bamboo and once every two years for bamboo in the ground.
- To plant, simply dig a hole that is one and a half times the size of the rootball. Backfill with soil, firm in place and ensure that the top of the rootball sits level with the top of the planting hole. It is best to have a ratio of one quarter multi purpose compost to three quarters soil. Water generously and make sure that your bamboo’s soil does not dry out for a prolonged period during the first couple of months.
Advice on hot and droopy plants
If your plants are looking a little wilted right now, don’t worry! Plants like to be filled with water to keep their structure, and when it’s hot that water evaporates.
Just give them an off-schedule watering and they’ll be right as rain in no time! Be careful not to flood them - plants don’t like extremes.
- Position: Your bamboo plant will flourish in a sheltered, sunny location. Once planted, we advise that you protect your bamboo from wind, particularly when it is a young plant.
- Soil: Bamboo tolerates most types of soil, but performs best in those that are moist, well-drained, and rich in humus. Bamboo can grow in poor soils, but not in extremely dry or boggy conditions.
Primrose is the place to be to Discover Everything Garden.
We were created in 2003 to become the UK's largest online-only garden centre. Thousands of plants, planters, awnings, garden furniture sets, water features and more line our digital shelves, and we're ready to fill your garden with comfort, quality, colour and style.
If you'd like to find out more, check out our 'About Us' page.
We want you to be happy with your purchase from the moment it arrives, but if you aren't you have the right to return it within 14 days. Just head to our Returns Page, send us an email, receive a returns number and fire your product back to us.
We'll refund the full cost as well as standard delivery.
Highlands and Islands
We calculate delivery costs at checkout based on your entered postcode, so you'll know at that stage if your chosen product can be sent to you. If you have any queries, please head to Contact Us and send over a form, or visit our Help Centre.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|