Astilbe 'Diamant' | 3L Pot
Plumes of graceful blush-white flowers, ideal for floral arrangements
Commonly referred to as 'false goat beard', this Astilbe variety exhibits fern-like foliage, with beautiful plumes of blush-white flowers. When cut, these blooms will make pretty floral arrangements for your home, whilst the plant itself can be used to blend differing heights together in a border.
- Flowering Period: Summer
- Preferred Location: Well-drained soil
- Height and Spread: 0.6 metres, 0.6m metres
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Pot Size: 3L Pot
About your plant
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
- Plant within borders to soften the differing heights of other perennials...
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||3L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Shop By Category||Perennial Plants|