Bacopa 'Snowflake' | 9cm Pot
Graceful, five-petalled blooms accompanied by lush and abundant foliage
This charming Bacopa variety will accentuate your garden with its snowy, five-petalled flowers all the way from summer until the first frost. Offering beautiful ground cover, but also lovely when cascading over a basket, this Bacopa will prove a winner for all garden styles. The luscious, forest-green foliage gathers abundantly beneath the flowers, which also makes this plant perfect for adding rich greenery to the emptier parts of your garden.
- Add to several hanging baskets for a uniform accent to your home!
- Supplied As: 10.5cm pot
- Season of Interest: Summer to the first frost
- Soil Type: Well-drained
- Preferred Location: Full sun or part shade
- Habit: 15cm (6")
Our bedding plants are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our bedding plants are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will keep them nice and secure on their journey.
Please see our below guidance on your bedding plant's care:
- Watering: Before planting your bedding plants, it is important to provide them with a generous watering. This can be done by letting the roots of each plant submerge in a bucket of water. Once all air bubbles have escaped, allow each plant to drain. If you are planting your bedding plants in a hanging basket, you will need to water them more frequently (ideally once a day).
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Feed: To really flourish, your bedding plants should have adequate feed. You can either add a slow release fertilizer to their compost, or mix feed into their watering on a weekly basis.
- Frost: Young plug plants will need to be protected from any danger of frost. Keep them in a sheltered environment whilst you pot them on ready to go outside, which is usually around May time. A greenhouse is perfect but a windowsill or conservatory will do just fine as long as they are kept warm with plenty of sunlight (16-18°C is optimal). Use a good quality balanced potting compost when planting, and slow release fertiliser is also advised for the best results.
Young plug plants will need to be grown on before they are ready to be planted out in your garden. They will take several weeks to establish and put on the growth required to be garden ready. Please follow our simple steps below to ensure the best results.
Seedlings, 60 cell plug packs, and 4 cell veg plug plants are best planted into bedding tray inserts or 7 - 9cm pots.
Starter and premium plants are best planted into 9 - 13 cm pots, but can be planted directly into baskets and containers (as long as they are protected from frost).
- Fill the cell trays or pots with compost and lightly firm down.
- Use a dibber to make a hole similar to the size of the plug plant in the compost, and place your plant into this planting hole. Try to make sure that the top of the plant is level with the compost in the tray or pot.
- Gently water your plants with a watering can that is fitted with a fine hose.
- It is important that you position your plants in a warm, sunny position but to keep them out of direct sun. Once any risk of frost has passed, you can plant them straight into your garden's beds.
|Common Name||Water Hyssop|
|Flower Colour||Green, White|
|Flowering Month||June, July, August|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||9cm Pot|
|Sale Type||3 for 2 - 10.5cm Bedding/Perennial|
|Shop By Category||Bedding|