Laurus nobilis (Bay Tree) - 5L Pot
|Discounts for quantity |
The perfect ornamental gift for a friend or family member, this spiral Bay Tree will be a stunning addition to any garden. When kept neatly clipped, the dark green foliage of the Bay Tree can create beautiful shapes as an exquisite entrance to your home or simply to decorate your patio. The dark green glossy leaves give this tree a striking appearance that will become a bold presence in your outdoor space. Bay leaves can also be used in cooking to give a delicate fragrant flavour to soups and stews.
- Foliage Colour: dark green, small greenish-yellow flowers produced in the spring, followed by black berries on female plants
- Approx. Growth Height: 2.5m
- Comes in a: 5L plastic pot
- Approx. Height on Arrival: 50-60cm
- Flowering Period: spring (April - May)
- Hardiness: generally hardy
- Exposure: sheltered
- Light Requirements: sheltered sunny or part-shady position
- Soil Requirements: soil-based compost, well drained
- Moisture: water regularly but sparingly
Caring and Maintenance
Water regularly but sparingly during the growing season. Do not overwater and water less during the winter. Prune into shape in spring/summer. Any necessary hard pruning in spring and only light pruning in the summer. During the growing season top dress sparingly with organic fertiliser or with slow release fertiliser granules. There is no need to plant feed during the winter period.
Suited to almost all well-drained and moderately fertile soils with pH between 4.5 and 7.5 in a sheltered, sheltered sunny or partial shade location.
Before planting your tree, clean up all wandering weeds and keep a clean ring around the tree base. Water well during the first year until well established.
Spring and Autumn are the best seasons for planting trees, as the soil moisture and heat allow easier and faster root establishment and regeneration of damaged root systems.
This beautiful Bay Tree arrives in a 5L plastic pot, as seen on the left, ready to immediately place in your garden and begin to grow!