Begonia Illumination® 'Apricot Shades' | Perennials | Pack of 5 Large Premium Plug Plants
One of the best Begonias with beautiful autumnal tones
These begonias contain all the colours of a sunset and are a sure fire way of brightening shady spots in your garden. Containing a lovely mixture of yellow, red and orange as well as variety in shape with double and single blooms, this impressive Begonia Illumination will create a keen point of interest wherever it’s displayed. Flowering from June to September they will happily fill a single colour container or trail from a hanging basket.
Planting TipThese would look fantastic planted as a single colour basket.
- Supplied As: 5 x 4.5cm Premium Plug Plants
- Flowering Period: June - September
- Season Of Interest: Summer
- Habit: Trailing
- Preferred Location: Sun/Part Shade
- Eventual Height & Spread: Trails To 45cm (18in)
About your plant- As one of the most successful suppliers of flower seeds and plants in the UK, this business stems from two families with a desire of providing horticultural service and quality. They are recognised for their worldwide team of growers who are producing some of the most competitive and innovative plants the industry has seen.
Packaging- this pack for 5 plug plants will come in plastic inserts to keep them clean and tidy and prevent chances of damage.
- Watering: Before planting your bedding plants, it is important to provide them with a generous watering. This can be done by letting the roots of each plant submerge in a bucket of water. Once all air bubbles have escaped, allow each plant to drain. If you are planting your bedding plants in a hanging basket, you will need to water them more frequently (ideally once a day).
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Feed: To really flourish, your bedding plants should have adequate feed. You can either add a slow release fertilizer to their compost, or mix feed into their watering on a weekly basis.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
All of our young plug plants will need to be protected from any danger of frost. Keep them in a sheltered environment whilst you pot them on ready to go outside, usually around May time. A greenhouse is perfect but a windowsill or conservatory will do fine as long as they are kept warm (16-18°C is optimal) with plenty of sunlight.
Use a good quality balanced potting compost when planting. Slow release fertiliser is advised for best results.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Flower Colour||Orange, Red, Yellow|
|Flowering Month||June, July, August, September|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||5cm Plug, Starter Plant|
|Supplied As||Plug Plant, Starter Plant|
|Sale Type||Save 60% - Bedding/Perennials|
|Shop By Category||Plants|