Begonia 'Whopper Bronze Leaf Red' | Pack of 5 Premium Plug Plants
Uniquely shaped begonias dance in soft reds with a yellow centre
Whatever effect you aim to achieve with your planting scheme, the colour wheel should always be your first port of call.
By planting complementary colours and avoiding clashing colours, you can create stunning baskets, borders and containers, whether you want excitement or relaxation.
- Monochromatic: Monochromatic planting uses shades of a single colour to maximise visual impact. Working with colours of the same hue you can integrate subtle changes of tone or texture to create a fascinating collage of plants. Used widely in cottage garden planting schemes and stand alone displays.
- Adjacent colours create a harmonious effect: Colours close together in the colour wheel are used to create harmony. Pair yellow with red or orange and blue with purple or greens to create a natural, relaxing display.
- Opposites colour complement each other: Colours opposite in the colour wheel produce a striking effect. Pink and yellow, blue and orange and red and green are famous contrasting combinations and can be used to create an energetic, eye catching display. Perfect for a contemporary design or creating a tropical feel.
- Triadic colours: triadic planting selects three colours spaced at equal distances around the colour wheel creating a beautifully balanced palette. Be careful to select plants with a similar intensity of colour and you can create a display packed with visual interest, with less contrast than opposite colours, resulting in a more harmonious feel.
Neutral colours can be used as part of any planting scheme and can also be used as a buffer between clashing colours. Neutral colours include white, black, grey, silver, brown and in gardening, green. White is a fantastic addition to any bed as it reflects all wavelengths of light, brightening up your garden.
Premium Plants - 3.1cm Glue Plug
This range of larger Starter Plants, uses the same glue plug and paper sleeve technology but in a larger and more robust form that suits better these high impact varieties that need a little more space to develop.
All plants selected for the Premium Plugs range will establish quickly once planted and have proven garden performance, reliability and extended flowering, offering the best value for money.
- Supplied As: 5 Premium Plug Plants
- Flowering Period: June - September
- Season Of Interest: Summer
- Habit: Bush
- Preferred Location: Sun/Part Shade
- Eventual Height & Spread: 85cm x 55cm (33in x 22in)
We use a range of environmentally friendly packaging specifically developed to protect your plug plants whilst out for delivery.
An innovative locking design eliminates the need for plastic whilst holding your plugs safely in place.
|Flowering Month||June, July, August, September|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Type||Annual Bedding Plants|
|Supplied As||Plug Plant|