Bellis 'Red' | 10.5cm Pot
Abundant red petals gathered into a rosette resembling a daisy
Flowering all the way from spring to summer, Bellis plants make wonderful additions to both traditional borders and hanging baskets. Available in a mix of colours, their solitary, daisy-like blooms will always prove a cheerful yet subtle touch to your garden. Aside from bringing long-lasting floral interest, their emerald, ovate-shaped leaves are evergreen, making this plant excellent for keeping your garden vibrant all year round. Very hardy and mat-forming, this Bellis plant does not require much care other than to remove any spent flowers.
- Supplied As: 10.5cm pot
- Flowering Period: Spring to summer
- Level of Care: Easy
- Preferred Location: Sun or part shade in moist, well-drained soil
- Care Advice: Avoid heavy soils
Our bedding plants are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Please note, your potted plant may not display flowers as soon as it arrives. However, the 'flowering period' box (detailed above), indicates when you can expect flowers to form. Many of our herbaceous perennials also die back in winter, so will have little growth in spring, but grow quickly once sunlight hours improve.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our plants are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will keep them nice and secure on their journey.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
All of our young plug plants will need to be protected from any danger of frost. Keep them in a sheltered environment whilst you pot them on ready to go outside, usually around May time. A greenhouse is perfect but a windowsill or conservatory will do fine as long as they are kept warm (16-18°C is optimal) with plenty of sunlight.
Use a good quality balanced potting compost when planting. Slow release fertiliser is advised for best results.
Our young plants will need to be grown on before they are ready to plant out in the garden. Your plants will take several weeks to establish and put on the growth required to be garden ready. By the time they are ready, the danger of frost should of passed and they will be ready to burst into life in your garden. Follow the simple steps below to ensure best results.
Seedlings, 60 Cell plug packs & 4 cell Veg Plugs are best planted into bedding tray inserts or 7-9cm pots.
Starter & Premium Plants are best planted into 9-13 cm pots or can be planted directly into baskets and containers as long as they can be protected from frost.
- Fill the cell trays or pots with compost and lightly firm.
- Use a dibber to make a hole similar to the size of the plug in the compost and place the plant into this hole the gently firm the plant into the compost. Note: the top of the compost plug should be level with the compost in the tray or pot.
- Water the young plants gently using a watering can fitted with a fine rose.
- Place the plants in a warm, light position but out of direct sun. They must be protected from frost. A temperature of 16 -20°C will encourage active growth but good light is also essential. Grow on until all danger of frost has passed and then plant out.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Evergreen|
|Flowering Season||Autumn/Winter/Spring, Summer|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Eventual Height||Under 0.3m|
|Eventual Spread||Under 0.3m|
|Supplied As||10.5cm Pot|
|Type||Bedding Plants, Perennial Plants|
|Special Offers||20% off Perennials|
|Shop By Category||Bedding & Perennials|
|Perennials A - D||Daisy|