- Easily fitted in as little as 30 minutes
- Drill only 4 holes (maximum 12 holes for largest awnings)
- One-person job (except when lifting awning into position)
Installation video guides
Thanks to Al from dereton33 for this video to show just how easy it is to install a Primrose Awning.
Please note: The videos are for guidance purpose only. Full instructions below for a specific awning model.
Electric awnings – additional info
- Electrical Installation – How does the wiring work?
- Installing the wind sensor
We also sell replacement fabric covers if you already have an awning. Instructions for changing the awning fabric:
- Standard manual awnings – changing the fabric
- Half cassette manual awnings
- Half cassette electric awnings
- Full cassette manual and electric awnings
Awning Installation service
Primrose installations are handled by a third-party installation company. They offer a professional installation service for your awning, through our network of approved installers.
The prices for installation are as follows:
- Up to 3.5m is from £400.00 including VAT
- 4m to 5m is from £450.00 including VAT
- 6m is from £500.00 including VAT
Note: £50 including VAT charged for out of area or within London. Please contact the installer for more information.
There may be an extra fee. For works such as:
- Removal/disposal of existing awnings. Typically, our installers charge £50 to remove your existing awning and £50 for disposal.
Please note these fees do not include removal/disposal of Victorian-style awnings or dutch canopies
- Installation of lights/heaters
- Supply of extra cabling (if the nearest socket is more than 5 metres from the left-hand side of the awning)
- Additional specialist awning brackets
The prices for the above services are quoted directly by your local Primrose-approved installer. Prices quoted are to the installers’ discretion.
How to arrange my Primrose Awning Installation
To arrange your awning installation, simply complete the online form on the saffron shutters installer website.
A member of staff from Saffron Shutters & Awnings will be in touch within 2 working days to confirm receipt of your online form and advise of any installation issues.
Helpful points about your Primrose awning installation
Here is a list to consider when planning your installation, these are as follows:
- Our installers will aim to install your awning within two weeks of submitting your awning installation request. Click here to complete your online installation request.
Please note if you require additional awning brackets, this may prolong your awning installation time. The price for the additional awning brackets are not included in the price of the overall installation.
- All Primrose awnings are powered with the motor/manual winder on the left-hand side ( if you are facing the house).
On electric awnings (the 4-core motor cable) is approx.1m long. There is a separate 5m long 3-core black cable which will run from your wall switch/remote control box to the nearest plug socket/spur.
- If there is any obstructions like waste pipes, gas/boiler flues (flues can be re-routed by a gas safe engineer) or outward opening bi-folding doors.
You may require additional brackets or simply install the awning to be slightly higher up the wall to clear any obstructions.
To view the range of additional specialist awning brackets available, please click here where you can purchase additional brackets through our third-party company called Saffron Shutters & Awnings. All of their awning brackets are available to fit any of our awnings range.
- Not all installations are straight forward but that’s not to say you can’t have an awning. This can be resolved by simply emailing Saffron Shutters & Awnings. During the planning stage of your project with your ideas/requirements with photos of where you are looking to shade and they will be able to assist with your enquiry.
To contact Saffron Shutters & Awnings, simply contact them on 01799 796204 or Email them here.
- While you are planning your awning installation, have you thought about including lights and heaters as well?
Primrose offer a huge range of universal LED lights and heaters.They can enhance your awning experience and are available.