Blue Cardinal Flower - Lobelia siphilitica - 1L Pot
The Blue Cardinal Flower is a clump-forming perennial with upright leafy stems. It bears dense spikes of light to bright blue tubular, two-lipped flowers from summer through until autumn. It enjoys moist conditions so it is a great plant for a bog or waterside location.
- Foliage Colour: light green in spring, summer and autumn
- Flower Colour: blue in summer and autumn
- Approx. Growth Height: 70cm
- Max. Spread: 40cm
- Flowering Time: summer and autumn
- Planting Time: spring
- Uses: in ponds, bog gardens, wildflower gardens
- Exposure: sheltered
- Growing Habit: clump forming, erect
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: max height in 2-5 years
- Light Requirements: partial shade, full sun
- Moisture: poorly-drained or moist but well drained
- Soil requirements: acidic, neutral, alkaline, chalky, loamy, sandy, clay
Plant in deep, fertile, permanently moist soil in a full sun or partial shade location. The Blue Cardinal Flower prefers partial shade but in cooler, northern climates it should be in a full sun location.
Caring and Maintenance
This is a very low maintenance, hardy plant. Water adequately during dry and hot periods.