Cardinal Flower - Lobelia Cardinalis - 3x 9cm Pots
The Cardinal Flower is a clump-forming, erect, herbaceous perennial to 90cm in height, with glossy, bright green leaves and striking red, two-lipped flowers. It enjoys moist conditions, so it is a great plant for a bog or waterside location.
- Foliage Colour: green in spring, summer, and autumn
- Flower Colour: red in summer and autumn
- Approx. Growth Height: 0.5m - 1m
- Max. Spread: 0.1m - 0.5m
- Flowering Time: summer and autumn
- Uses: pond margins, bog gardens, wildflower gardens
- Exposure: full sun, partial shade
- Growing Habit: clump-forming
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: max. height in 2-5 years
- Toxicity: severe discomfort may result if ingested
- Light Requirements: partial shade, full sun
- Moisture: moist
- Soil requirements: acidic, neutral, alkaline, chalky, loamy, sandy, clay
Caring and Maintenance
This is a very hardy, low maintenance hardy plant. Water adequately during dry and hot periods.
Plant in deep, fertile, permanently moist soil in a full sun or partial shade location. The Cardinal Flower prefers partial shade, but in cooler, northern climates it should be in a full sun location. This plant is suitable for area 1 of a pond.
Below is a comparison of pot sizes. From left to right: 9cm Pot, 1L Pot, 3L Pot