Clubrush Scirpus lacustris - 3L Pot
This aquatic, grass-like plant will grow up to 2m in height. As such it provides a great habitat for wildlife, so it is ideal for large pond edges. It is a dark green rush, with clusters of chocolate brown flowers near the top of the stems.
- Foliage Colour: dark green
- Flower Colour: brown
- Approx. Growth Height: 2m
- Max. spread: 75cm
- Flowering Time: spring, summer, autumn
- Uses: beds, borders, bogs, pond margins
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: fast
- Light Requirements: partial shade, full sun
- Soil Requirements: poorly drained, neutral, acidic, alkaline, sandy, clay, loamy
- Moisture Requirements: wet, boggy, poorly drained
Plant in an open site in rich boggy soil at the water's edge in full sun or partial shade. May also be grown in up to 30cm of water and it tolerates slow moving water. It is therefore suitable for zones 1, 2 and 3 of a pond.
Caring and Maintenance
Can become invasive in smaller ponds. Trim back to restrict this plant's spread, by cutting out stems to the rhizome.