Corylus maxima 'Purple Filbert' | Hazelnut Tree
This ornamental tree is also a very productive cropper and its big, tasty nuts have a pretty, wine-purple tinge inside them. It is very hardy and suitable for any soil. Purple Hazel is a great addition to a mixed hedge
- Approx. Growth Height: 6mtrs
- Rootstock: Semi-dwarfing
- Rate of Growth: Fast
- Harvesting Period: Sept-Oct
- Flower Colour: Pink Catkins
- Foliage Colour: Purple
- Flowering Period: February
- Tolerance: Prefers sun
- Uses: Culinary
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- Self-fertilising: Partial
- Scented: No
- Wildlife friendly - attracts bees and other pollinating insects
We have developed an eco friendly polypot that is currently in use across our 9 litre range. This polypot has less than 20% of the plastic used by a regular pot, and is importantly recyclable. Polypots also prevent root spiraling, encouraging a healthier root system.
All trees arrive in an extra thick cardboard box with a clamp to hold their pot in place. This prevents them from moving around on their journey.
Nursery staff will wrap the roots of our bare root trees and use compost to keep them moist during transportation. This extra protection prevents them from drying out, allowing for a flying start. We also use the same specialised box that our potted trees have to keep them nice and secure as they make their way to your home.
- Arrives as: Bare root tree
- Approx. Height on Arrival: 60-90cm
- Approx. Age on Arrival:Tree is approx. 2 years old with a 1 year old rootstock
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|