Cupressus arizonica 'Fastigiata' | Monterey Cypress
Blue Arizona Cypress Topiary Obelisk - Cupressus 'arizonica fagistata' 15l Pot
Cupressus arizonica fagistata or ‘Blue Arizona Cypress’ is a truly remarkable conifer with a charming ornamental quality. The unusual but glorious blue and green foliage is supplemented with tints of yellow moving into the winter providing an interesting palette of colours throughout the seasons.
Its dense, conical growing habit makes it perfect for living topiary great for flanking a doorway or potted on the patio adding an elegant touch of structure and form to your outdoor space.
- Arrives in a 15L pot at a height of 170-190cm
- Foliage Colour: Blue/grey
- Approx. Growth Height:Up to 8-10m
- Time to Eventual Height: 20-50 years
- Tolerance: Very tolerant of pollution and salt spray
- Growing Habit: Columnar/Upright
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Exposure: Sheltered
- Rate of Growth: Fast
- Wildlife: Provides shelter for birds.
- Hardiness: Conifers can be found growing in far colder regions than the UK and therefore the UK’s mild winters will not affect your tree.
- Position: Conifers make an excellent choice for shady areas of the garden, but do benefit from full sun.
- Soil Types: Soil types can remain an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nevertheless, less than ideal conditions will hinder their growth. Waterlogged soils will starve your conifer of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis, causing its roots to rot and creating the perfect environment for disease.
- Planting in Pots: Conifers do well in pots and benefit from slightly acidic soil, so using a mix of ericaceous and garden soil is recommended. With upright varieties, opt for a square pot, as high winds can topple your plant.
Advice on hot and droopy plants
If your plants are looking a little wilted right now, don’t worry! Plants like to be filled with water to keep their structure, and when it’s hot that water evaporates.
Just give them an off-schedule watering and they’ll be right as rain in no time! Be careful not to flood them - plants don’t like extremes.
Primrose is the place to be to Discover Everything Garden.
We were created in 2003 to become the UK's largest online-only garden centre. Thousands of plants, planters, awnings, garden furniture sets, water features and more line our digital shelves, and we're ready to fill your garden with comfort, quality, colour and style.
If you'd like to find out more, check out our 'About Us' page.
We want you to be happy with your purchase from the moment it arrives, but if you aren't you have the right to return it within 14 days. Just head to our Returns Page, send us an email, receive a returns number and fire your product back to us.
We'll refund the full cost as well as standard delivery.
Highlands and Islands
We calculate delivery costs at checkout based on your entered postcode, so you'll know at that stage if your chosen product can be sent to you. If you have any queries, please head to Contact Us and send over a form, or visit our Help Centre.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|