Cupressus arizonica 'Fastigiata' | Monterey Cypress
Blue Arizona Cypress Topiary Obelisk - Cupressus 'arizonica fagistata' 15l Pot
Cupressus arizonica fagistata or ‘Blue Arizona Cypress’ is a truly remarkable conifer with a charming ornamental quality. The unusual but glorious blue and green foliage is supplemented with tints of yellow moving into the winter providing an interesting palette of colours throughout the seasons.
Its dense, conical growing habit makes it perfect for living topiary great for flanking a doorway or potted on the patio adding an elegant touch of structure and form to your outdoor space.
- Arrives in a 15L pot at a height of 170-190cm
- Foliage Colour: Blue/grey
- Approx. Growth Height:Up to 8-10m
- Time to Eventual Height: 20-50 years
- Tolerance: Very tolerant of pollution and salt spray
- Growing Habit: Columnar/Upright
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Exposure: Sheltered
- Rate of Growth: Fast
- Wildlife: Provides shelter for birds.
- Hardiness: Conifers can be found growing in far colder regions than the UK and therefore the UK’s mild winters will not affect your tree.
- Position: Conifers make an excellent choice for shady areas of the garden, but do benefit from full sun.
- Soil Types: Soil types can remain an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nevertheless, less than ideal conditions will hinder their growth. Waterlogged soils will starve your conifer of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis, causing its roots to rot and creating the perfect environment for disease.
- Planting in Pots: Conifers do well in pots and benefit from slightly acidic soil, so using a mix of ericaceous and garden soil is recommended. With upright varieties, opt for a square pot, as high winds can topple your plant.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|